Guady update

GaretMac

Location (City and/or State)
Austin Texas
Hey all!!
We have had Guady for 3.5 months and am glad to say she is improving quite a bit. She was 657 grams this morning up from about 420 when we got her. Her diet is tons of grasses, weeds, leaves from the garden, and zoomed pellets with calcium dusting. She now eats like a horse and enjoys her daily romp out side in her play enclosure. In the house her six foot enclosure temps are 80-100 F with humidity 75-80% even with a solid caulked top with weather stripping. So buying a humidifier this weekend despite the Texas humidity we have! She still gets daily soaks. Her shell growth is starting to level out quite a bit. Thank you for all the advice here (I scroll through often)!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470507978.481525.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470508002.831135.jpg

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Good job. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be happy with the results. It takes longer with bigger sulcata to get new growth to come in smooth than it does with smaller ones.

GaretMac

Austin Texas
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471557179.920782.jpg
Loving a romp outside after the rain! Forgive the messy shell! We have been applying organic coconut oil for moisture, and of course, she went and burrowed in some hay.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hey all!!
We have had Guady for 3.5 months and am glad to say she is improving quite a bit. She was 657 grams this morning up from about 420 when we got her. Her diet is tons of grasses, weeds, leaves from the garden, and zoomed pellets with calcium dusting. She now eats like a horse and enjoys her daily romp out side in her play enclosure. In the house her six foot enclosure temps are 80-100 F with humidity 75-80% even with a solid caulked top with weather stripping. So buying a humidifier this weekend despite the Texas humidity we have! She still gets daily soaks. Her shell growth is starting to level out quite a bit. Thank you for all the advice here (I scroll through often)!View attachment 182608View attachment 182609

Your tort is cute. But I have a feeling he has pyramided.:( Please give him daily soaks in warm water to stop the pyramiding.

Read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread and ask questions.

And a very warm welcome to the forum! :D

GaretMac

Austin Texas
She was pyramided when I got her in April. She has been receiving daily soaks since we brought her home. I did have another thread with suggestions. Her growth is leveling out thankfully. :)

GaretMac

Austin Texas
She (? total guess, who really knows at this age) is in a home build 8x5 structure with a top that supports lighting and keeps humidity in. She has a matching structure outside that is open topped for sunshine. I have had her since April and am trying very hard to get the pre existing pyramiding to level out. She has daily soaks and enclosure is 80% humidity with coconut coir substrate PLUS a humid hide. She does seem to be pretty consistent these days of about 40 grams a week.