Growing your own food, weeds, etc...?

Legmaker72

Location (City and/or State)
South West Florida
I have a 7 year old Marginated that is new to me.
Been feeding her Kale, spring mix and hibiscus...as of now.
I've read the recommended diet with things like dandelion, thistle , milk weed etc...
I don't trust any of the wild stuff grown in our neighborhood as the community takes care of the landscaping, bug sprays etc...
So, can I grow her appropriate diet myself? Can I source the seeds, or are these things I can buy at a nursery?
I'd like to get her eating the right things soon, and growing from seeds may take a while.
Just wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.
Thanks in advance !

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I have a 7 year old Marginated that is new to me.
Been feeding her Kale, spring mix and hibiscus...as of now.
I've read the recommended diet with things like dandelion, thistle , milk weed etc...
I don't trust any of the wild stuff grown in our neighborhood as the community takes care of the landscaping, bug sprays etc...
So, can I grow her appropriate diet myself? Can I source the seeds, or are these things I can buy at a nursery?
I'd like to get her eating the right things soon, and growing from seeds may take a while.
Just wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.
Thanks in advance !
If you can find dandilions growing in your neighborhood, cut the green off, dig up the roots and replant in your garden.
Any weeds they eat really.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If you can find dandilions growing in your neighborhood, cut the green off, dig up the roots and replant in your garden.
Any weeds they eat really.
.......or when the dandies go to seed and become fluffy collect them and grow them in trays.