Got a hygrometer!

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
So, I just got a hygrometer, now i need to work on my humidity. I'm trying to find a place to buy plexi glass to cover half of spuds enclosure. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1434039074.711675.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Ed's right, this one okay, but digital better.
What about just tinfoil or cling wrap to cover the top?

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Ed's right, this one okay, but digital better.
What about just tinfoil or cling wrap to cover the top?
I tried cling wrap, it kept slipping off as nothing would stick to the wood. I don't want to use foil as I can't see spud through it. However, I need to do something quick as the hygrometer has gone onto red!!!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Any hardware store should be able to sell it to you and cut it for you. just call them up and ask them. ditto on the hydrometer buzz button types are notorious for being horriblY inaccurate. I'm surprised you haven't heard tHis already since you're a well-known member but it must be one of those things you just didn't see yet

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Any hardware store should be able to sell it to you and cut it for you. just call them up and ask them. ditto on the hydrometer buzz button types are notorious for being horriblY inaccurate. I'm surprised you haven't heard tHis already since you're a well-known member but it must be one of those things you just didn't see yet
I just got it for a rough reading as before I had nothing. I also have a tube thermometer and I hear those are bad too. I'm saving up to buy myself some nice, accurate ones.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Sweetie...darling...Amazon has the digital ones for 12-20 dollars...the ones that have a probe that are on a 3 foot wire you put in the encloser are best in my humble opinion

Turbotort

Florida
There is a 10 dollar acurite one you can find at home depot. I put it inside my enclosure and its pretty handy. I see humidity drop as soon as I go into it.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom