Going to be selling soon

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
Going to be selling my pancakes soon and I would like some help understanding some laws a bit better. The species is a CITES 2. I made a list of state laws and want to know if I am understanding this correct. For importation permits is this required for people with state to state shipping or only from out of the US purchasing. I also saw that in a few states people need permits to own federally protected species, would the CITES make them federal? I was using this link to get the law information. http://www.nauti-lasscritters.com/laws-by-state.html

Attachments

• 1503266857421.jpg
    1503266857421.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 20

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Unless they are listed under the Endangered Species Act, and I don't believe they are, they can be shipped anywhere in the US.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Any comments on the import permit, does this also cover state to state shipping or just out of country shipping?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Going to be selling my pancakes soon and I would like some help understanding some laws a bit better. The species is a CITES 2. I made a list of state laws and want to know if I am understanding this correct. For importation permits is this required for people with state to state shipping or only from out of the US purchasing. I also saw that in a few states people need permits to own federally protected species, would the CITES make them federal? I was using this link to get the law information. http://www.nauti-lasscritters.com/laws-by-state.html
Where did that attachment come from, what source? I see the link, but that's a compilation, not a source. Some cities may have generic pet laws "no more than three pets per household" or the like, but CF&G regulates native species, of which there are really only three (Chelonians).

I think it was Gerald Merker who had published a book, 'reptiles and amphibians and the law' or something like that. but now with the internet and frequent law changes it might not be a viable book to keep up to date.

Last edited:

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Hopefully next week I can make a sale ad. Hurricane Harvey really put a hold on that, and I need to keep an eye out on Irma as well.