Going out of town what to do?

decker91

Going to be out of town leaving Friday am will be back Monday mid afternoon I have an adult rt with an open table enclosure indoors what should I do I cant get anyone to come over and feed him should I keep the lights dark or put both the basking light and uvb light on timers?

Maitaimommy

Location (City and/or State)
Why won't anyone come over to feed him for you?

Putting the lights on timer is best!

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
I agree with the previous posts. I put a timer on my day and night heat for my hatchling. My adults are in an outside enclosure where I have edible plants planted. Keep in mind that tortoises, especially Russians, can go a while without food and you'll only be gone a few days. I posted this same picture to another thread, but this is what I do for water for my hatchling. I fill up a 2 liter bottle and poke a pinhole in the top and bottom and let it drip slowly into a Terra Cotta saucer.IMG_20170726_164830280.jpg

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Put the lights on a timer, feed your tortoise well up to the day that you're leaving, then remove any uneaten food, supply fresh water and your tortoise will be absolutely fine for the four days that you're gone.