Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Glochids or glochidia (singular "glochidium") are hair-like spines or short prickles, generally barbed, found on the areoles of cacti in the sub-family Opuntioideae. Cactus glochids easily detach from the plant and lodge in the skin, causing irritation upon contact.

You see "spine free" or "spineless" means those giant things that could be sewing needles are not present. All the spine free cactus still has these micro stickly things (glochids) that can get under your skin (literally) and be annoying for days.

Spineless does not mean you won't get stuck.

KapidoloFarms Cactus Chips are scrubbed with stainless steel abrasion pads that remove all of these micro hand annoyances. That is also part of the new drying process by the removal of the pad surface wax for better drying and value to you. That allows me to dry the chips at a low temperature - maintaining vital plant based protein for the healthy growth of your captive tortoises.

Six (6) ounces delivered for $28.95, that's the best deal going.

PayPal to [email protected] Please use 'friends and family' that 3% savings is bundled and giving to tortoise conservation and research projects around the world. Please include your name address and some form of contact so I can inform you of shipping progress. Your avatar name here at TFO will do.

179658-c82ea382f358fb1d8b197395c43e5a4e.jpg
A half ounce portion both dry and ready to use after 20 minutes submerged in regular cold tap water. Or overnight in the frig. I no longer recommend hot water. Mix in with regular salad fixens for the day, about 5% of total amount fed once or twice a week.

In 2016 contributions (from that 3%) were made to ...
http://www.turtleconservationsociety.org.my/ $100
and
https://experiment.com/projects/conservation-efforts-to-protect-endangered-turtles-of-sulawesi $100

Status
Not open for further replies.