Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Its called "Treasure Flower". The genus is Gazania. My wife planted a bunch of these and I can't find them on any toxic or non-toxic lists. They are from South Africa, so I'd love to feed them out, once new ones start growing, if they are safe.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Tom said:
Its called "Treasure Flower". The genus is Gazania. My wife planted a bunch of these and I can't find them on any toxic or non-toxic lists. They are from South Africa, so I'd love to feed them out, once new ones start growing, if they are safe.

quoting:
emysemys
old timer
RE: $50 plant/flower/garden budget per month, what do i get?
There are many different colors of Gazania. Its edible and it spreads nicely.

ashleighnicol

5 Year Member
Tom said:

Gazania is not only safe but was on a recommended foliage list for desert tortoise grazing enclosures. My leopard tort's favorite treat are the big yellow gazania flowers and he also loves the succulent leaves. These plants are pretty hardy to; I've been growing them indoors with just a bit of water and limited light each day and they're doing great (despite being periodically trimmed for tortoise food).

Status
Not open for further replies.