Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Any of you flower people know if Lithodora is safe? I can't seem to find it on the TT. I can post a pic later if that helps.
According to Wikipedia, the family name is Boraginaceae. When you search for that on The Tortoise Table, the majority of the results are listed as "Do Not Feed." I would contact the TTT members and they can do research on it for you: http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/contact/#.WRxsZ2jyuUk

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I've been meaning to comment that everyone has such wonderful gardens already!! :<3: Our plants are taking off now and seem to be doing well so far. We'll be getting more natives to plant around our yard this weekend too. We're currently feeling a couple days of unseasonable warmth: temps up to 90°F today and yesterday! :eek: Work has been busy so I haven't been spending as much time on Tort Forum lately. :(

My native asters are pretty happy this year:

aster.jpg

I have some giant purple clover (Trifolium spp.) leaves this year! :eek: I'll be removing some every so often this summer.

giant_clover.jpg

My native geranium is in bloom now and very lovely:

geranium.jpg

My mulberry seemed a little shocked from a frost about a week ago, so hopefully he can recover soon. He seems to grow quite slowly.

mulberry.jpg

And here's the spoiled baby, Steve, enjoying some sunbathing time:

sunbathing.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I've been meaning to comment that everyone has such wonderful gardens already!! :<3: Our plants are taking off now and seem to be doing well so far. We'll be getting more natives to plant around our yard this weekend too. We're currently feeling a couple days of unseasonable warmth: temps up to 90°F today and yesterday! :eek: Work has been busy so I haven't been spending as much time on Tort Forum lately. :(

My native asters are pretty happy this year:

View attachment 207809

I have some giant purple clover (Trifolium spp.) leaves this year! :eek: I'll be removing some every so often this summer.

View attachment 207811

My native geranium is in bloom now and very lovely:

View attachment 207810

My mulberry seemed a little shocked from a frost about a week ago, so hopefully he can recover soon. He seems to grow quite slowly.

View attachment 207812

And here's the spoiled baby, Steve, enjoying some sunbathing time:

View attachment 207813

what kind of mulberry?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm assuming this is a magnolia bud. I've never seen a bud. How very, very strange it looks!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Some cactus havePicture 001.jpg Picture 005.jpg Picture 012.jpg Picture 009.jpg some cactus have started blooming here in the Northern Neck. I like the way this type changes color as the day goes on.Some pics taken just after the morning sun light hit the plants and a couple taken this evening.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kinda feel wasteful. Cut down a truck box over filled with mulberry branches. :confused:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is a Stenocerus therberi (organ pipe cactus):

Stenocereus therberi.jpg

My daughter called me to tell me that someone was parked on the street alongside my house and the people were up the hill by my cactus. So I went out there to take a look, but by the time I got there they were gone. Anyway, I saw this cactus when I looked over the fence. The flowers only bloom once, at night, and I missed the bloom by a day. They're just gorgeous - a sight to behold. I'm sorry I missed it.

This one is planted just outside my side door, and in front of the old house I use for storage. It's Cereus peruvianus. It blooms at night too, but I didn't miss this one. The first picture is the day before it bloomed:

Cereus peruveanus a.jpg Cereus peruveanus b.jpg Cereus peruveanus c.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Does anyone know the name of this tree? I have forgotten and we planted two of them about 5yrs ago.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495662394.170205.jpg