frost........ugh oh.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
I thought this should go in the 'tortoise health' section as the weeds are dying out so im losing a food supply!
Here is our BIT (understatement) of frost! ;)
IMG20111107_001.jpg

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Similar here, today, Tyler.

Until I heard otherwise on this forum, I assumed weeds grew all winter. I'm going outside in a few minutes to get some for Emrys - I'll see how they're coping. Want to keep him on the dandelions for as long as possible - they're his favourite - I think the clover could go first.

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
I know that they last longer if they are under some kind of cover so that the frost does not cover them. I still have a nice size patch of clovers left up next to my house. I think it's because, in that spot the frost has not been able to cover it.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Have just braved the cold and gone outside, and I see that the dandelions are already looking far less fresh than they were a few days ago. They snapped as I grabbed them to tear them up. I didn't go for the Welsh poppy today but that seems to have a bit of shelter (it's growing by the garage) so it might be good for a little while longer. Hello, 'reduced' section at the grocery store!

Status
Not open for further replies.