Found Tortoise in DickinsonTX bayou area

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I have been helping a person that contacted me through many channels of not being able to ID a "native" tortoise. Well after photographic evidence this tortoise is about 9000 miles away from being in its native lands. So. If anyone is missing a tortoise in the Gum Bayou area, Dickinson TX. Let me know and I will put in touch with the person in possession of your animal. FYI she just laid a clutch of eggs too. I will not disclose the animals species for the purposes of finding the proper owner.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Home was found. A very "I don't care" school teacher too. The lovely tort will be coming to our sanctuary this weekend, after the owner said "well that's why I let her go. I don't want her anymore". The owner felt letting her go would be the best for her. Well I suppose it was. Luckily she was found and now will be at a place that will not be letting her go.

Here is where she was living the past 4 months.

Not a bad place at all. Coastal Texas is a very suitable environment for tortoises to live year round without issues.

I think her name will be sweet gum. Since she has been living on gum bayou. I will be going down to pick her up Sunday. She is quite large. The person who found her measured her at almost 9" big girl.

motoloco

10 Year Member!
Wow, If for any reason you cant make it let me know-i am local and have plenty of room for that girl.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A Russian tortoise? What a lucky break for you, Kelly. I'd love to have that girl in my breeding program.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
wow, that's just a couple miles from my house. Glad you are helping her and let me know if you need any local assistance down here. :)

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Nice find she is a beauty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.