Found Tortoise. Austin Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheechChong

5 Year Member
A co-worker of mine found a tortoise that wandered up to his house. He lives outside of Austin, Tx in the country. If you are missing a tortoise and can describe / identify it then it will be returned to you. Please describe breed, approx size/ weight/age and where it was lost. If you have pics, even better. He can only keep it for a short time and then we will have to find a home for it.

CheechChong

5 Year Member
CheechChong said:
A co-worker of mine found a tortoise that wandered up to his house. He lives outside of Austin, Tx in the country. If you are missing a tortoise and can describe / identify it then it will be returned to you. Please describe breed, approx size/ weight/age and where it was lost. If you have pics, even better. He can only keep it for a short time and then we will have to find a home for it.

UPDATE: Tortoise has been adopted and now has a new home. Thanks.

findmrtortoise

5 Year Member
Hi, we lost a tortoise a while back after our housekeeper left the back gate open. We live in north Austin between round rock and cedar park. Our tortoise is an African spurred tortoise, I believe he is close to 7 years old, big, like 40+ pounds (we've never weighed him) but he's pretty hefty and difficult to pick up.

CheechChong said:

gonzomatic

5 Year Member
CheechChong said:

Was it west of Round Rock? If so, this may be the tortoise we lost:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=108151079341705&set=t.100004404401777&type=3&theater

CheechChong

5 Year Member
gonzomatic said:
CheechChong said:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=108151079341705&set=t.100004404401777&type=3&theater

No, this tortoise was in Southwest Austin. A little outside of Oak Hill.

gonzomatic

5 Year Member
CheechChong said:
gonzomatic said:
CheechChong said:

Ok, thanks. We are still looking.. :(

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
gonzomatic said:
CheechChong said:
gonzomatic said:
CheechChong said:

Ok, thanks. We are still looking.. :(

Depending on how long your tort has been lost it may have wandered that far. I had a friend who's russian got out and they found her three miles down the road. She had only been out for half a day. These torts go! But if it doesn't look like yours then I am sorry just wanted to drop by and say they do walk a ways. I'm sorry your tort got lost :( That's a terrible feeling. I hope it returns home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.