Found lost tortoise HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardbuster

5 Year Member
I found a tortoise on Grand Division Garfield Hts Ohio
yesterday and could not find the owner...
What steps can I take that may help me locate the owner?
What should I feed it?
THANKS in advance

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Are you able to share a picture or more, so the TFO community can tell you what it is and help you feed wise?
Usually a walk around your neighborhood can result in finding the owner if it is a pet. Maybe some general flyers on poles? Wait for the callers to describe it to be sure it is the owner that has lost it. People can be sneaky and pretend to be the owners in order to get a free pet.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Glad you are trying to find its home, a picture will help us know what kind, therefore what to feed it :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can put ads in places online like craigslist, and usually the newspaper accepts "found" ads for free. But don't give out too much info because there are a lot of people who say it's their tortoise when it really isn't. Make them describe the tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Please post a pic here or look it up online what species it is, so we can tell you how to properly care for it until the owner is found.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good thing you found it, depending on the type it is these cool fall days may not be good for it. I am eager to see what you found. :)

beardbuster

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Good thing you found it, depending on the type it is these cool fall days may not be good for it. I am eager to see what you found. :)

1375260_10151947747825575_701121616_n.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh man...someone is probably really, really unhappy at having lost that beautiful sulcata. He's been raised correctly, and is just as pretty as they come.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Craigslist, flyers - Do not include pictures though! Whoever lost it knows they lost a Sulcata and a description will be enough. Make who ever contacts you provide a picture/description to try and make sure they aren't being sneaky!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Well that's easy. Feed wise, everything around you in that picture. Probably why this little one showed up at your place. Lots of grass and dandelions.
Yummmmmy! I'm a gonna get me a feast. Stomp, stomp ... nom, nom, nom ...
Beautiful sulcata.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Keep it warm at night. They are a tropical species and will not do well with cold temperatures. I hope you find the owner soon.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
He's also looking to find warmth, depending where you are. Sulcatas have to be in a warm enclosure during the winter. The days and nights are getting colder. Please provide a warm place for him until you find the owner. If, for some reason, you cannot find the owner, what plans do you have for this wonderful creature?

Status
Not open for further replies.