Found Desert Tortoise - S. California

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
S. CA
Hello,
There is a found pet male adult desert tortoise at the Castaic Animal Shelter, in CA, that is being held until Thursday at noon. After that the CTTC is taking it into custody if the owner does not claim it.

Are you missing your male desert tortoise? Do you live near Acton / Agua Dulce, where it was found? Please bring some kind of ID, like a photo, and hopefully a permit to collect it. Sometimes permits fall off - it happens.
Thank you.
:tort:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I recall someone posted here a from the Acton area that they lost their CDT...like around 4 months or so ago....(hmm, perhaps he woke up and was strolling when he was picked up>>>)....

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
ascott said:
I recall someone posted here a from the Acton area that they lost their CDT...like around 4 months or so ago....(hmm, perhaps he woke up and was strolling when he was picked up>>>)....

I was hoping the same thing. Sometimes a tortoise can show up the next year. I hope they are still checking on this forum and the shelter.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Me too...I tried rolling through the Forum and can not for the life of me remember where the thread was listed at.....daaaannnnggg...

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
Unfortunately, I can tell you it is not that 8 year old desert tortoise - this is an old guy. I do have him now, so he will get a good home soon. Just wish we could have found his original family.
Thanks!