"Force" waking up to feed, soak, exercise....

Justin90

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello, I have a Dalmatian, her name is TankerElla. I've had her for about 3 weeks now. I'm not sure how old she is, but so far her schedule is lazy.

8am - the timer turns on the light/heat
9-10am - Ella wakes up between this time
10am-2ish pm - she basks/eats then goes to bed
7pm - the timer turns off the light/heat

I usually will wake her up in the evenings to soak, feed, and exercise. She seems to enjoy being woken up to soak in warm water. Is it healthy to interrupt her sleeping? If I don't, she just sleeps until 9-10am. So far she only drinks and poops when I soak her, so I feel like I have to wake her up. Her basking spot is about 95 and her "den/burrow" is about 70. Am I wrong to wake her up?

I was sick last week, so I was able to work from home a few days in a row. It was really cool seeing her daily routine. The way she wakes up so cute. I will hear her rustling around in her "den" turning around. Then I will see her head poke out at the edge of the den, where she will stay for a while before she leaves to go bask and eat.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
No, it's not harmful. A lot of the time, it's these little things like that that gets the tortoise used to people and to learn to not be afraid.