For adoption Russian (possibly) Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessC

5 Year Member
Several months back my impulsive brother got the notion that he wanted a tortoise, so he purchased one from Petco. He had no previous knowledge of caring for tortoises, and as I suspect he did not attempt to learn after acquiring one. As expected he lost interest and didn't want him after awhile. Long story short I now have a tortoise that I do not have the time, nor knowledge to care for.

I know absolutely nothing of the tortoise. After a lot of googling my best guess is that he may be a Russian Tortoise. Still kind of young, I think. As for gender I've been calling him a boy, just because. These are just my guesses. I named him Vesuvius, but I suppose names don't really matter.

I think the little guy is really cool and if I didn't work so much I'd make a go at keeping him. I took the charge to find him a good home. I found a couple of people through social media that were interested, but they knew less than my brother and did not have space enough. Which is why I'm glad I found this site.

I want him to go to someone knowledgeable and experienced. Somewhere he has adequate space and resources. To be honest he looks as though he might be sickly, and may need some kind of special care. Again, just my guessing. I live in Tennessee, about an hour outside of Nashville.

All I want is for him to go somewhere with lots of love and proper care. If anyone is interested please message me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.