Food and poo

Emilia

Hi all,

Bilbo is now 2 years old and weighs 9kg.

I've started giving him a handful of Mazuri pallets for breakfast and his diet consist if l0ng beans and chai sim as much as he wants. Question: how much Madurai do I need to feed for his weight if I want a mix of veg n mazuri? Also, can I feed him Timothy hay?or alphaha?

For the past month he has been having diarrhea. Not sure why? I took him to the doctor 2 times n he was given deworming medication twice. That was 2 weeks ago. Now it came back? Any idea? Should I take him to the doctor again? The doctor seems to think its due to parasites but none noted in stool. He is eating extremely well with occasional constipation.

Emilia

Also, any recommendations for mazuri shops that ship to Malaysia?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
He needs more fiber in his diet. Try looking for edible plants growing outside.

Emilia

Hi,

I've bought the mazuri from there. It cost rm50 for 500g. I saw online It was cheaper but they don't ship to Malaysia I think. Would actually like to buy in bulk.

As for outside plants its not really possible due to cleanliness such as roach, rats, wild dogs and cats roaming outside. My small patch of garden is constantly visited by my neighbors cats.

Also, off topic but is it normal for them to be biting everything they see? He would occasionally bite my shirt or pants n furnitures. I would think he was hungry but when I give him food he turns away.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi,

I've bought the mazuri from there. It cost rm50 for 500g. I saw online It was cheaper but they don't ship to Malaysia I think. Would actually like to buy in bulk.

As for outside plants its not really possible due to cleanliness such as roach, rats, wild dogs and cats roaming outside. My small patch of garden is constantly visited by my neighbors cats.

Also, off topic but is it normal for them to be biting everything they see? He would occasionally bite my shirt or pants n furnitures. I would think he was hungry but when I give him food he turns away.
It is normal for them to bite things. They are testing it to see if it is food.

Clawem

Grass Grass Grass there must be an area you can gather grass from that's what he really needs.