Flashing turtle

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Johnson, my 75 year old gulf coast turtle, let it all out in his soak today. I didn't take a picture because my granddaughter was with me & I didn't want to make too big a deal of it. It's all safely tucked away again. I'd seen a flash decades ago, but it wasn't anything like this. This was so large I'm amazed it fit inside him, and looked like something from an early 1970's underground comic.
No wonder Flora tried to bash his head in against the wall when they mated, back in the day before he was put into solitary.

Dean Wirth

Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
They are big, i was amazed when i saw one, when soaking they extend them to lubricate i think.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I'm glad you didn't take a picture of it. She might have said something at school that was misinterpreted and CPS would be at your door by this afternoon.:) :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am trying to decide if discussion about turtle/tortoise winkies, breaks forum rules or not? :)
Mere mortal men and women may be amazed by their size, but you know.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Johnson & Flora used to do school programs for years for a local kindergarten. After they were separated, I forgot about how absence makes the heart grow fonder, and put them in the same box to travel to school. In the 10 minutes it took to get there, he was firmly attached. There was no way I could separate them or display them. Just did the usual program without the turtles on the floor, had the kids look in the box.

Those turtles usually felt right at home in the middle of circle time, weren't shy at all.