Fish Enthusiasts Anyone? (I'm talking aquariums)

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
The thing that really got me into tortoises, which may sound very strange was my fish tanks. My love of all of my tanks, turned into wanted to add turtles, which turned to terrapins, which turned to tortoises. I am curious if anyone on here has any tanks or loves fish as much as their torts (well maybe not as much).

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
There have been numerous threads about peoples aquariums on here. Do a search and you will find a bunch. I had to get rid of my 50 gallon aquarium. To make room for my tortoise. But sometimes I really miss the fish.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Yeah i sometimes think about the taking down my tanks for more torts, but the time and money i have put into my 75 alone, i dont see it ever coming down.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
It was hard getting rid of my tank, I basically gave it away to somebody at work. It was just a freshwater tank and none of the fish were too fancy but still the time and money in that thing was amazing.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
I too do freshwater, but what most dont realize is even freshwater can get expensive! I mainly focus on african rift lake cichlids.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I might get another one someday, the problem is that the small ones are never big enough. I want a gigantic one. But my house is very tiny so I might be out of luck. Maybe I can try to live with a small one, 20 gallons or so. Will see. Did you find all those threads on the search? Also look under the other pets section.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
No I didnt look yet! I will tomorrow at some point when i have a lot of time haha.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I adore goldfish. I have a small pond outdoors & a 40 gallon aquarium with one fish indoors. Helps with the humidity.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've got a 135 full of South American fish in my entry way. Several cichlids, pink tail chalceus, corydoras, and a bunch of leporinus.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What no pictures ! You guys know the rules !

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
I've got a 135 full of South American fish in my entry way. Several cichlids, pink tail chalceus, corydoras, and a bunch of leporinus.
Love my south american tank. It doesnt get the TLC it deserves anymore. My 75 African Cichlid tank is my baby.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Love my south american tank. It doesnt get the TLC it deserves anymore. My 75 African Cichlid tank is my baby.

I did Tanganyikans for years and years. Loved them. Julidochromis, lampropeltis, synodontis, etc. The South American bruisers were my first love many years ago and I decided to go back to my roots for a while.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
What no pictures ! You guys know the rules !
Sorry! I had to wait until the lights turned on. This is the 75gallon african cichlid tank with my two diamond back terrapins that call it home.
(It is due for a cleaning.)

Residents: (I will use common names)
3- Electric Yellow Labs
2- Blue Acei
3- Red Zebras
1- Brichardi or Fairy Cichlid
1- OB Peacock
1- Jewel Cichlid (not african, rescue fish)
2- Gray Peacocks
1- Synodontis Eupterus (African Featherfin Catfish)
2- Diamondback Terrapins (1 male, 1 female)

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431799732.435440.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431799757.402147.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431799769.835746.jpg

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
I did Tanganyikans for years and years. Loved them. Julidochromis, lampropeltis, synodontis, etc. The South American bruisers were my first love many years ago and I decided to go back to my roots for a while.
Ahh yes all beautiful. I have to agree though. Nothing beats a 12" Astronotus ocellatus or a hyper aggressive Andinoacara rivulatus. Right now the only two South Americans are my Rocio octofasciata and my Heros Severus. Still love them to death though.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
OK beautiful tank and turtles ! Now its your turn @Tom .

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
I have had fish in the past and now we are parents to ONE fish. He is a Betta from Wal*Mart (found him tucked behind the canned goods - I had no desire to get one but when I pulled out the cream of mushroom and saw him he just looked at me and asked to come home). His name is Indigo Von Sushi. He is, most likely, the worlds best betta. Swims up when you walk by and loves to be petted (no, really.) It's the craziest thing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mikeylazer, The pics of your tank make me want to SCUBA dive in Lake Malawi and Tanganyika...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have had fish in the past and now we are parents to ONE fish. He is a Betta from Wal*Mart (found him tucked behind the canned goods - I had no desire to get one but when I pulled out the cream of mushroom and saw him he just looked at me and asked to come home). His name is Indigo Von Sushi. He is, most likely, the worlds best betta. Swims up when you walk by and loves to be petted (no, really.) It's the craziest thing.
That's one FANTASTIC name!!