First Reptile Con

eric joranson

Location (City and/or State)
Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
this weekend I plan on attending my first reptile con ever. I want to see latest products; and of course any tortoises. But I really do not want to add any. But I am such a sucker for the poor little one that looks sick; or unwanted due to some imperfection. Hope the members here will keep me focused...no more no more. I am blessed with the land and out buildings and pens to have many; but not till I retire in a few years.....then who knows; I could start a rescue. But keep reminding me till this weekend....No more No more NO MORE! Lord give me strength.

eric joranson

Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
Torts are like " Lays " chips ! Bet you can't have just one !
that's what I am afraid of.....especially if there is that one unwanted one; in need of care.......since this is a breeder's expo; I am hoping that all bring nice healthy ones; I will not need to feel; I better get it to try and save it........I only wish I had discovered tortoises along time ago.....no feathers; no hair; and best; no vocal cords.....plus plus plus. :p

Bee62

Germany
I can understand you very well. The problems you have when you see a "poor" animal ( that you have to help ) are mine too. I know what you are thinking and suffering.
And : Lord give us strenght ...... !

regards:
Sabine

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The last reptile show I attend I was meeting with a specific pancake tortoise breeder. Mind you, this was a predetermined meet up and he was bringing with him I asked him to save and bring for my purchase.
I didn't get to see him before seeing this female front and center. Not a pancake tortoise by any means, but a tortoise I had to have just the same. And a female to boot. She was the size I could certainly add to my sulcata herd. Here she is while I had a burger and a COORS original for lunch. I had a set in stone plan in place, yet in less than 5 minutes from the entrance door my plan had evaporated.
All of that said, l pass to you a very sincere, "good luck with that"! I'm not thinking I could give you any real support to hold to your plans. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493264648.397473.jpg See? I just had to get her. And I paid a couple Franklin's for her. I was stressed what possibly could be done if an uneducated person got her.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
The last reptile show I attend I was meeting with a specific pancake tortoise breeder. Mind you, this was a predetermined meet up and he was bringing with him I asked him to save and bring for my purchase.
I didn't get to see him before seeing this female front and center. Not a pancake tortoise by any means, but a tortoise I had to have just the same. And a female to boot. She was the size I could certainly add to my sulcata herd. Here she is while I had a burger and a COORS original for lunch. I had a set in stone plan in place, yet in less than 5 minutes from the entrance door my plan had evaporated.
All of that said, l pass to you a very sincere, "good luck with that"! I'm not thinking I could give you any real support to hold to your plans. View attachment 205939 See? I just had to get her. And I paid a couple Franklin's for her. I was stressed what possibly could be done if an uneducated person got her.
And what happened to the pancakes ?

Bee62

Germany
All of that said, l pass to you a very sincere, "good luck with that"! I'm not thinking I could give you any real support to hold to your plans. View attachment 205939 See? I just had to get her. And I paid a couple Franklin's for her. I was stressed what possibly could be done if an uneducated person got her.

Hey Ken, I love the way you are thinking !
There is a name for our desease : tortoise virus.
Once infected you can never be cured from this agressive type of virus......
A wonderful big ( sulcata ) lady you bought there :tort:, and I love the picture of you too ....:rolleyes:

Sabine