First day of Spring 2017

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
What a gorgeous group of turtles. Happy they all pulled through for you. This weather has been all over the place for months.
Thanks AJK, nice to see you back around.
I had a new add yesterday, a neighbor brought me an ornate that they didn't want anymore. Its a male and I already have enough, and my poor females haven't got a break so far this spring. Looks like a new enclosure for the males soon, or trading off a couple.

AJK Aquaria

How's it going Craig?

Ornate are threatened here in Illinois. Endangered animals cannot be kept(Blandings, Spotted, etc), but I cannot find anything on Threatened. I'd love to do a group, like a quad or something in the future. The males with the green or steel blue heads are amazing. A friend of mine has had a female for 20 years, and it was in captivity for another 9 years prior. She asked me to take it, but I'm cautious.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
How's it going Craig?

Ornate are threatened here in Illinois. Endangered animals cannot be kept(Blandings, Spotted, etc), but I cannot find anything on Threatened. I'd love to do a group, like a quad or something in the future. The males with the green or steel blue heads are amazing. A friend of mine has had a female for 20 years, and it was in captivity for another 9 years prior. She asked me to take it, but I'm cautious.
Things are good, now it's busy time though. I'm expecting several clutches this year and I've even added some Guld Coasts to the group.

I would imagine it's a matter of time here before we start seeing the stricter laws for Ornates. The three-toed are everywhere so they seem a little safe.

This male is surprisingly dark and very bright green head, thinking he's probably very old but he didn't take time getting to know the females. I'm at 5 now with males so I've got some decisions to make

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492459314.076743.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492459344.482262.jpg