First day of Spring 2017

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
First day of Spring here and it's going to be 92 today. Most of the Turtles are up, minus a few ornates. Cactus are growing like crazy and trees are in full bloom. We still expect a few more cold snaps but right now the torts and turtles aren't complaining

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490032095.520600.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490032115.038667.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490032129.285495.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490032141.306743.jpg

Turtlesfromcolo

Colorado
Great pics!! Nice looking bunch you have.. We've been up in the mid 80's. I'm loving it. None of my ornates are up. I'm Expecting them early April, who knows with this crazy weather..

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Great pics!! Nice looking bunch you have.. We've been up in the mid 80's. I'm loving it. None of my ornates are up. I'm Expecting them early April, who knows with this crazy weather..
I want to dig around in the ornate enclosure for the others but I feel pretty comfortable that they will be just fine after seeing the condition of all theses.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
View attachment 203342

One of the green heads made an appearance today, I can't remember if this is Goblin or Hulk.... lol...gotta wait for the other one to come up.
Do you think this is a locality variation, or something that occasionally pops up everywhere with Ornates? It reminds me of Mexican Box Turtles.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Do you think this is a locality variation, or something that occasionally pops up everywhere with Ornates? It reminds me of Mexican Box Turtles.
It's a trait of male Ornates, I have 2 with really bright green and one with a little more dull look.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Of course, We've been having horrible weather. Rain & 50 degree days with nights dropping into the 30's. The 2 ornates that did come up, have now gone back down. I can't wait to see all 3 up and active..This is what I call The Waiting game...
Yep,
we had some big storms roll through last night and happening again later. It's nice outside though upper 70's but tomorrow drops back in the 50's so they will be back in their night box.

AJK Aquaria

What a gorgeous group of turtles. Happy they all pulled through for you. This weather has been all over the place for months.