Firm bump on neck

Eduardo Hernandez

Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
My Russian tort, Spunky, has a bump on the left side of his neck. Its firm and small, doesn't feel like its filled with fluids. Its the same color as his neck too. I can't take a picture now as he is asleep, but I'll hopefully get one tomorrow. I don't think its an ear abscess, since it really is on his neck, you can only see it when his head is stretched out. He has been acting normal, eating the same and pooping the same. Has anyone heard of this before? We can make a vet appointment, but since I'd have to take time off work to go it'll probably wait till next week.

Bee62

Germany
It is hard to image what the bump can be without a picture. Please take a picture when your Spunky is awake. As long as your tort behaves normal there is no hurry.

Eduardo Hernandez

It is hard to image what the bump can be without a picture. Please take a picture when your Spunky is awake. As long as your tort behaves normal there is no hurry.

Sorry, it took forever to get good shots of his neck :(

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 48

Bee62

Germany
Sorry, it took forever to get good shots of his neck :(

No problem that it tooks time to take the pic.
It looks like an abscess ( but not from the ear ) or a sting. If your Spunky behaves normal ( eat, walk around , poop and pee ) I would wait and closely watch. Sometimes even an abscess can recede itself and heal.

Eduardo Hernandez

Update: Ever since yesterday, Spunky hasn't eaten as much as he usually does and is now pacing his enclosure, and is more active than normal. We are scheduling a vet appointment for sometime this week. He still has the bump which is why we are worried :(