Finally getting somewhere

mons4bz

So I've finally figured out how to upload!!
We've had our sulcate for almost a year, we call her touche, but seems to me she is still really small this is her enclosure my husband built for her so this will be my first question ..does it look adequate? Now that I can upload I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of us ツ

Attachments

• 1400338702780.jpg
    1400338702780.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 1400338741330.jpg
    1400338741330.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 27

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Whoa! That's a really nice, great big enclosure!! You're going to have trouble keeping it humid. What is that substrate alongside the grass. I hope it isn't rocks???

It's important for you to read the threads at the top of the Sulcata section. We'll tell you there how important it is to keep a humid environment for your growing baby. Maybe you can pack his hiding places with moist sphagnum moss to provide the necessary humidity. But I'm afraid my best suggestion would be for you to fence off a portion of that habitat and cover it so you can keep the humid air inside. You can have a gate in the fence so you can open it for the tortoise to go out to the grassy area occasionally.

mons4bz

Its actually a fine sand.. Not a good idea?? She never seems to make her way over there.. Yes he put a lil tunnel type path to grass recently and he does cover periodically mostly at night and she usually burrows down under her rock