fidos album... follow on instagram, username fido_the_tort

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
hi all, im fido the hermanns and i was hatched in july 2012....
i've lived with jade and john since i was 2, when thankfully they liberated me from a pet store and are now striving to care fore me as best is possible with the wisdom of the wonderful folks here on T.F.O !

thought I'd create an online album of my adventures since im such a posser and if my humans look like they can care for me better they'll happily take on board any advice and comments :)

when im not eating or sleeping im on instagram, my username is fido_the_tort .hope you enjoy my pics :)View attachment 137723
Such an adorable face :)

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Oh my goodness is he adorable!! The captions make me smile too.

My Russian loves radicchio as well! I relied more on store-bought greens until I felt comfortable with my level of research on tortoise diets and made Steve an awesome backyard enclosure with lots of plants for him to choose from. It takes time, but I'm sure it was rather short in the tortoise's lengthy time span. Could not get the radicchio seeds to grow though.

There are some good products out there if you know where to find them too. :) Here's a good seed mix of tortoise noms: http://www.pro-rep.co.uk/food-supplements/tortoise-feed-seeds

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
Oh my goodness is he adorable!! The captions make me smile too.

My Russian loves radicchio as well! I relied more on store-bought greens until I felt comfortable with my level of research on tortoise diets and made Steve an awesome backyard enclosure with lots of plants for him to choose from. It takes time, but I'm sure it was rather short in the tortoise's lengthy time span. Could not get the radicchio seeds to grow though.

There are some good products out there if you know where to find them too. :) Here's a good seed mix of tortoise noms: http://www.pro-rep.co.uk/food-supplements/tortoise-feed-seeds

awww fankkk ooo :) we have a few grow trays on the go just now... sprouted in no time but about a month or so now and no more signs of growth:(