Few of my guys.

Berkeley

They look great. How many do you have? There were four in one pic, or are there more than that? How old are they?
--Berkeley

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Great work! The tortoises look absolutely perfect. Good growth!
And a perfect enclosure.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I like the pond. Is that a filtration unit or pump against the wall? Please give me details as I'm about to put one in. Thanks.
The pond has a sub-pump that pumps the water into 2 canister filters then it pumps back in. The canisters are actually water filters but I use the canister to put ceramic rings works well for the size. I do want to get a inline pump so I wouldn't have a pump at all in the pond but it good for now. The pond is only 6-7 inches and all sides beach down and in. So they can climb in and out prety easy. My tortoise love it. They will sit in there for hours . I'll post picture of it so you can see better

Thanks everyone. They are my favorites. They are growing like weeds lol. I do want to get a few brown mts. As well but wanna keep them all separate so just waiting the 5 keep me busy enough. Plus all the others

Kyle

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
The pond has a sub-pump that pumps the water into 2 canister filters then it pumps back in. The canisters are actually water filters but I use the canister to put ceramic rings works well for the size. I do want to get a inline pump so I wouldn't have a pump at all in the pond but it good for now. The pond is only 6-7 inches and all sides beach down and in. So they can climb in and out prety easy. My tortoise love it. They will sit in there for hours . I'll post picture of it so you can see better

Thanks everyone. They are my favorites. They are growing like weeds lol. I do want to get a few brown mts. As well but wanna keep them all separate so just waiting the 5 keep me busy enough. Plus all the others

Kyle

Very nice!

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Got it. Your setup looks great. I'm trying to put in a small pond with a waterfall that will recirculate and filter with an autofill when water gets low. I'll have to build up the deeper parts (18in) so that there is a gradual slope with less overall depth. Any advice please feel free. Thanks!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Got it. Your setup looks great. I'm trying to put in a small pond with a waterfall that will recirculate and filter with an autofill when water gets low. I'll have to build up the deeper parts (18in) so that there is a gradual slope with less overall depth. Any advice please feel free. Thanks!
What species are you keeping ? You can get a float pump. You would need a resivor and a sensor or something unless your alright with filling the resivor but mine as well just fill the pond. Maybe a float type valve is made you can put on a hose ore pipe when it reaches a height it will turn the valve off. When the water drops and the float drops it turns the valve on. I'm sure they make something like that.

Kyle

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Exactly right. The float is a miniature of a bathroom toilet float. The hose runs off a Sprinkler head near the pond and when the system goes on if the pond needs water the head fills the pond. Once the pond is topped off the valve closes and the Sprinkler head goes back to watering the lawn.
The only species I keep now is 1.0 m.e.e. named Ponce. Had him since he hatched at Vic Morgan's. Now just over four years old.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Exactly right. The float is a miniature of a bathroom toilet float. The hose runs off a Sprinkler head near the pond and when the system goes on if the pond needs water the head fills the pond. Once the pond is topped off the valve closes and the Sprinkler head goes back to watering the lawn.
The only species I keep now is 1.0 m.e.e. named Ponce. Had him since he hatched at Vic Morgan's. Now just over four years old.
Sweet. Any pictures . I like to keep adding to my enclosure lol. I just added sprinklers they love them. And shade cloth was a must with these guys. They are pretty spoiled sometimes haha

Kyle

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
What is growing in the pond? Do they eat it?

It's water hyacinth. My tortoise nibble it a few times. But don't eat much of any. They are all the water lettuce. The plants help with filtering the water since its so small.

Kyle

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
It's water hyacinth. My tortoise nibble it a few times. But don't eat much of any. They are all the water lettuce. The plants help with filtering the water since its so small.

Kyle

I bet you spend some time throwing a few out?:) they multiply quickly. I start with just 1 every year and by mid summer I'm either trying to sell them or just tossing them.