female star tortoise home setup

RickyGoldsmith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Uranus
Ditto to what @Souptugo has mentioned. But let me repeat what I see the most important of those points.

"Imagine trying to create a natural environment for it like the in the wild. Give it some plants to feel safe so it can hide."

I like to have the base of the area with real soil. It helps grow some plants, keeps the environment natural. It also is better at absorbing Heat and Moisture. My torts like it this way.

Apart from all this, you also need to be careful about their safety. Rodents, Birds etc, are all predators to it.

That looks like a prison. I would add coco coir and some plants. You need a source of water for it as well at all times. Imagine trying to create a natural environment for it like the in the wild. Give it some plants to feel safe so it can hide.

You put it under sunlight? Like directly outside or by a window? UV radiation doesn't pass through glass.

A box like that offers no humidity. You need some moist substrate.
Bro u r right but in India we don't get tortoise substrate and water dish and all stuffs

Souptugo

5 Year Member
Well if you want to do things the right way then you have to try and get the proper things. If you had an infection and I told you you needed antibiotics. You say well in India we don't have antibiotics.... how can people help you? Good luck.