feeding time at the zoo

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
mulberry leaves, mallow, prickly lettuce, kale, butter lettuce, endive, escarole, radicchio, carrots, zucchini, cucumber, romaine, mushrooms, small colored peppers, Mazuri, canteloup. Besides this, all the tortoises except the leopards, have grass and weeds to graze on.

feeding time at the zoo a.jpg feeding time at the zoo b.jpg feeding time at the zoo c.jpg feeding time at the zoo d.jpg feeding time at the zoo e.jpg feeding time at the zoo f.jpg feeding time at the zoo g.jpg feeding time at the zoo h.jpg

Last edited:

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
mulberry leaves, mallow, prickly lettuce, kale, butter lettuce, endive, escarole, radicchio, carrots, zucchini, cucumber, romaine, mushrooms, Mazuri, canteloup. Besides this, all the tortoises except the leopards, have grass and weeds to graze on.

View attachment 154640 View attachment 154641 View attachment 154642 View attachment 154643 View attachment 154644 View attachment 154645 View attachment 154646 View attachment 154647
What species are those 3 in the 6th photo?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Manouria emys emys - from left to right, male, female, female

I bought the female on the far right from Michael Thathuvaswamy iin Sacramento a couple years ago. This was a very good purchase, as the tortoise is extremely healthy and growing like a weed. She was a juvenile two years ago and now is almost as big as my full grown, WC female.

My tortoises all live similar to wild animals. One of these days I'll clean them up and take better pictures for you all.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't mean to nit pic, but what's prickly lettuce?

gustaf

5 Year Member
Thanks yvonne for sharing these tort pics. I love seeing pics.

Kleinmann_Fan

5 Year Member
I fed wild lettuce and prickly lettuce to my tortoises for a couple of years, after they grew out of a specific tortoise seed mix, but stopped after finding it listed on the tortoise table website as a toxic no feed.

John

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Wow, those are some seriously spoiled tortoises! Excellent. ;)

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
Great pictures and thanks for sharing them. Your very lucky to get to care for all those tortoises. Funny how the leopards are the only ones in their shells.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
Wow ,just read that the prickly lettuce is a narcotic so your torts are probably stoned lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Great pictures and thanks for sharing them. Your very lucky to get to care for all those tortoises. Funny how the leopards are the only ones in their shells.

My leopards are just pretty rocks. The only way I ever see their heads and legs is if I peak around the corner. Soon as the see me they withdraw.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Like seeing some old friends~~Sweet!!