Feeding my Tortoise Nettles

Aspirerite

Hi everyone I was wondering as I'm new to keeping Tortoises can I feed my Spur thighed tortoise stinging nettles as I have a clean supply of them and I let them grow in part of my garden to add to my compost and I was reading you can feed them to tortoises and im just checking here that this is right. Wont it be painful for them to eat?nettles.jpg

Aspirerite

Hi,

This site is a great source of info:
http://thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plants_19.asp?st=true&mode=main&catID=259

You can search for your other plants on there as well.

Joey
Thanx I've been looking everywhere for a good Guide like that. Its unbelievable the amount of care sheets that are so basic about feeding. All they all say is a good balanced diet but they don't give any information on how to balance the diet or even what is edible. They just say feed weeds and that's all you have to go on. Ill be able to collect a good verity now not just the same old dandelion advice LOL. that helps me a lot

Shakudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
Thanx I've been looking everywhere for a good Guide like that. Its unbelievable the amount of care sheets that are so basic about feeding. All they all say is a good balanced diet but they don't give any information on how to balance the diet or even what is edible. They just say feed weeds and that's all you have to go on. Ill be able to collect a good verity now not just the same old dandelion advice LOL. that helps me a lot

You're welcome:)
Yeah all the info can be very confusing, glad that I could help:)