Enjoying the sun

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You have a very pretty family of turtles. Do they live in a pond?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
WOW!!! They're all lovely- what kind if turtle is that last one (the no-name one)???

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Nice collections.

The RES looks like a bit pyramiding which is rare for turtle. Do you have it since baby?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yap.......Sure do, do they?????

promisetolove

5 Year Member
They're in separate tanks right now, the res together in a 75 gallon tank. They're only almost a year old.

(I might be moving soon and we are looking to get a pond once settled)

I noticed that too with my res, but I'm not sure why that would be happening? I take care of them great... Yes I have had them since they were hatchlings. They eat like little pigs and they bask all the time together. And my water quality/ph levels and basking temps are all what they should be... Any suggestions ?

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
The res has the pyramiding look cause you can tell she has never shed. It has multiple layers of scutes that should of shed off which is giving it that look. Probably its from a lack of vitamin E in its diet. Id suggest buying hikari wheat germ pellets which is loaded with vitamins and can be a miracle worker to help turtles shed pesky stuck scutes.

promisetolove

5 Year Member
Okay... Thank you I will definitely go get some of those pellets and see what else I can do to help her shed her scutes. Wonder why she's not shedding :( ? I see shedding skin on her neck and feet all the time but I've noticed the scutes aren't coming off her. Thank you for the advice it's appreciated :)

promisetolove

5 Year Member
I have these hikari sticks. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399498986.323601.jpg
Are these the ones u mean?

I will try to make sure more vitamin E is in their diet

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I honestly did not even know Hikari made an actual turtle food lol. Ill have to research it. The pic is of the one i meant.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399551612.435266.jpg

promisetolove

5 Year Member
Oh ok great!!! Thank you sooo much for the advice it's greatly appreciated. I will go get those today :)