Enjoying the backyard

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Those are going to be well balanced kids. Exposure to plants and animals at a very young age helps children to appreciate such gifts.
Some of my earliest memories are of my sister and I wandering around inside our granddad's orchid houses in Miami. The Vanda orchid roots hung like drapes from the upper levels of the houses.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Do I see blooming carnivorous plants???
img_5242-jpg.210475

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Do I see blooming carnivorous plants???
img_5242-jpg.210475
YES! Good eyes! A "pitcher plant". On a whim we bought that plant a few years ago at a reptile show. Brenda liked it so we thought we'd just set it in the stream from the upper pond. It has done amazingly well. Just leave it there year-round. Mostly dies back in the winter but comes back strong each spring. Got a ton of really amazing flowers this year.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Your land- and aquascapes are AMAZING!!!!! Thank so much for sharing them! You have some beautiful children there too:) are they elementary school age? Curious bcs I have 3, two still in elementary and one in middle. They grow way too fast!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Your land- and aquascapes are AMAZING!!!!! Thank so much for sharing them! You have some beautiful children there too:) are they elementary school age? Curious bcs I have 3, two still in elementary and one in middle. They grow way too fast!
Pearly;

Those are 3 of my grandkids. I have two daughters, 38 and 36, and a stepson I raised since he was 1 1/2 who is now 33. Brenda has two daughters, 37 and 34. We have 9 grandkids with a 10th due next month! YIKES!! DON'T BLINK!!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Pearly;

Those are 3 of my grandkids. I have two daughters, 38 and 36, and a stepson I raised since he was 1 1/2 who is now 33. Brenda has two daughters, 37 and 34. We have 9 grandkids with a 10th due next month! YIKES!! DON'T BLINK!!
Omg!!!!! That's fantastic!!!! ..... but ... for some reason... I didn't think you were that old.... and I dare to use this word bcs I myself am old so you can't feel offended:) Your grandkiddos are almost age of my children. Lol! I gues when all you guys my age were doing what normal people do (getting married/starting families) I was busy having fun. Now most of my friends kids are all grown and with families of their own, and ... I am dealing with "wash your hands!", "did you brush your teeth so quick? Let me see!", or "do your homework!", "eat your veggies", "no, we are not buying all that junk"... lol! Your kids and grandkids are very lucky to have Papa who has so much to teach them and pass onto them. So much wisdom, skill, and obviously love of nature, not forgetting about the esthetics of it all. I used to travel a lot (for fun, not work) Your gardens would be one of the destinations I'd be willing to pay money to come visit. Seriously. I am full of admiration:)

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Omg!!!!! That's fantastic!!!! ..... but ... for some reason... I didn't think you were that old.... and I dare to use this word bcs I myself am old so you can't feel offended:) Your grandkiddos are almost age of my children. Lol! I gues when all you guys my age were doing what normal people do (getting married/starting families) I was busy having fun. Now most of my friends kids are all grown and with families of their own, and ... I am dealing with "wash your hands!", "did you brush your teeth so quick? Let me see!", or "do your homework!", "eat your veggies", "no, we are not buying all that junk"... lol! Your kids and grandkids are very lucky to have Papa who has so much to teach them and pass onto them. So much wisdom, skill, and obviously love of nature, not forgetting about the esthetics of it all. I used to travel a lot (for fun, not work) Your gardens would be one of the destinations I'd be willing to pay money to come visit. Seriously. I am full of admiration:)
Yup. Got my first tortoise in 1961. Here I am proudly displaying it!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1497734307.899890.jpg

Rachael403

NE, USA
I totally missed out on seeing this thread until now. Your backyard is beautiful. Did you do it yourself or hire someone? It's just unbelievable how perfect it is.

C.H.D Exotics

Jasper, AL
Amazing pond! I have always wanted to make a glass viewing wall like that to see them swim! You must have very happy turtles.