enclosure smell

baldegale

i have my tort in a small container right now cause im in the process of building a closed chamber and the substrate or something smells no matter what i do. ive cleaned out all greens and poop whenever i see it and it still smells. any ideas?

baldegale

i cant fully explain it, the greens were getting kinda close too going bad so i thought it was that and took them out and that was hours ago and it still smells. i dont think its mildew, and i have no idea what mold smells like to be completely honest

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Greens take several days to go smelly, but the smell can linger awhile.

You have cleaned out. I think all you can do is give it a few days to see of it diminishes

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
i have my tort in a small container right now cause im in the process of building a closed chamber and the substrate or something smells no matter what i do. ive cleaned out all greens and poop whenever i see it and it still smells. any ideas?
What is the substrate?

eric joranson

Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
Just to be sure; I'd check your tortoise itself as the source of the smell....after it soak; see if there is any of the mystery smell emanating from them. A sick or injured animal can produce a bad smell.