"Elder" & friends.

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I added a Leo to the clan this week. Got Elder from @xXtortoiseloverXx raised in South Florida these last 3,5 yrs.
He will be kept outdoors like my other Tortoises. I called him Elder since he is older than my Sulcata "Tiny" (8lbs) and Aldabra "Cupcake" (6lbs). , still he is smaller at 2,3lbs.
Settling into his new digs.
I hope he does well here.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438255376.137032.jpg
His curiosity had him roaming the lanai and ignoring the treats , but I'm sure that will change soon.

His form is longer than my other two, and I do love the contrasts in Leopards. They are all so individual in appearance , at least till they are full adults. Now I have to get to work and create a nice outdoor hide for him. I have some tiles I want to make a partially buried " cave" he can escape the sun in. I'll post some pics of it as I do.

Alaskamike

South Florida
He is Very pretty. My leopards hardly ever use the partially buried hides I made them. They prefer heavy vegetation.
Congrats on the addition.
Thanks. I do like his shell. Looks like he'll be one of the cream / sand colored ones when full grown.

I remember when I had leopards awhile back , and they would dig a depression in dirt so just the top of their shell was showing in tall grass. Several times I panicked because they are very camouflaged and hard to see !
He has lots of grass & weeds to hide in and that's what he is doing now :)

Alaskamike

South Florida
It's funny he's just a little bigger now than my sulcata was when I adopted him 9 mos ago , now my sully is 9lbs+

Elder is a Lpb. Growing nice and even, mainly on grass & weeds.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Elder is about 5 & 1/2 yrs old now. 6.3 lbs. hard to tell from the photos but I can see his shell has smoothed out conciderably. Strong, alert & active. He has his own surround and hide box.

image.jpeg
His dome is a bit more round, he seemed a bit oblong and flat when I got him.

His color has darkened some , maybe it's all that natural sun he gets.
image.jpeg

I am happy with his growth, though I have no idea how he compares to other Leopards. He is so what shy , but I don't handle him much

Robber

10 Year Member!
MO, USA
Looks really, really good - shape is excellent - reminds me of a lot of pics I've seen of wild Leopards.