Egyptian tortoise baby - Where can I get one?

Daniel Torres

I am currently bouncing back between a three toed Box and a Hermann's... but I have done some research on the Egyptian and have found a few online but the price is pretty high. If someone knows a Texas Breeder I can get in contact with for either 3 species, I would greatly appreciate it. For the Box, I found a Texas Adoption option and am in the process of building my outdoor habitat. It should be well suited for all 3 species but the Box will need a bigger water source to crawl into. So Until I decide which one I go with, I wont dig out my small 2 foot water pool.

Greanie

Location (City and/or State)
Austin, Texas
I am also looking for this tortoise as well. And would like to find a breeder near or in Texas.

Im interested in the conservation of this tort and would love to be part of that effort.

John

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
GBtortoises has some nice Western Hermanns (smallest subspecies of Hermanns) in the For Sale section. Pretty sure he got the parents from Garden State Tortoise (the owner is perhaps the foremost authority on Hermanns tortoises).

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
You can get Egyptian hatchlings for around 500 bucks usually. Adults of any species cost considerable amounts.

Greanie

Austin, Texas
You can get Egyptian hatchlings for around 500 bucks usually. Adults of any species cost considerable amounts.

Have you seen any places selling these? Or Breeders?
Im very interested and would love to work with this breed.

-John T

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Have you seen any places selling these? Or Breeders?
Im very interested and would love to work with this breed.

-John T

You'll find some if you look at the Classifieds daily. Might take a long time, but you'll find them. I've seen them for sale many times. Fauna Classifieds and the FB turtle Classifieds are my favorite. Kingsnake is okay too.

I know Chris Leone at Garden State Tortoise has a big group that has produced. Not sure if he makes them available to the public. You might shoot him an email. You can find his contact info on the Garden State site.