Dried opuntia "Cactus Chips", lower cost, better functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I have updated my process a little bit. I still dry everything at 110 to 112 F so very little if any protein is destroyed.

One ounce of dried cactus is equivalent to 10 ounces wet. Storage is simple and chips last for months. All de-spined so you don't get pricklies in your fingers or hand. Very high acceptance, follow this feeding plan ....

Mix in with your regular salad once or twice a week.

Moisten . . . This image shows a half ounce wet and a half ounce after it soaked for 20 minutes, cold water at room temperature. That remaining water can be used to moisten any kind of dried pellet you may use.
1 Dry and Wet.jpg

That half ounce will be mixed in with this already made salad (Romaine, Spring mix, and super greens mix, and some moistened Alfalfa/Bermuda ...
2 pre cactus.jpg 20160723_071446.jpg

Now the cactus is mixed in... so much yet you can't really pick it out... neither will your tortoise
3 post cactus.jpg

Now with an equivalent amount of pumpkin mixed in, still hard to find those orange strips, but it gives a better visualization of an added ingredient.. .
4 With Pumpkin.jpg

And as fed . . . on an 8 inch paper plate. Wholly consumed by four 3-month old baby leopard tortoises.
5 As fed.jpg

With this weight-price value offered, I will only accept already distributed coupons.

6 ounces delivered for $28.95 this beats all prices offered before from KapidoloFarms. That is equivalent to more than 3-1/2 pounds, no spines, months of storage, convenient portioning, no waste. Cut to preserve long fiber dried to preserve protein content.

https://www.facebook.com/KapidoloFarms/

Text me at 215-483-7675 or make noted payment directly to my PayPal at william.espenshadeiii AT gmail.com

PM here or use my email for interest. Best to use your real name on communications, the post office gets kinda cranky when the name is one of the more imaginative avatars here on TFO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.