dogs and turtles - AGAIN!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This poor turtle was found out in the country in someone's yard. They didn't know what happened to it, but the scratches on the shell tell the tale. It's a bad dog chew. The hole is terrible, not nearly showing the damage in the picture. The turtle had to be euthanized:

2015 Rescue #33 a.jpg 2015 Rescue #33 b.jpg

Prairie Mom

UGH! That's so upsetting! I wish people would be more responsible with their pets!

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Poor thing :( it's so sad.
I showed this to Andy to remind him of the importance of protecting Charlie from our dog, cats and wildlife.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
So sad. it is sad the way of life been lost.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Horribly sad.
But the people who DO learn and the word spread via this site and the message of people like Yvonne and Tom and all the rest of us, WILL save lives.

M

Maggie Cummings

I operate a very small rescue here, so I see and deal with that too. It makes me cry to see a dog chewed turtle or tortoise because that's something that's so damned easy to prevent. Yvonne taught me a whole lot about rehab and repair, thank God I don't have to deal with it as often as she. To tell you the truth, it's made me not like dogs too much. Even tho I know they're not really being mean. Like cats and birds.....same thing.