Dogs and Rabbits and Gerbils (oh my!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I decided to *attempt* to take some pictures of my other pets that make up my signature, so without further blabbing, here they are!

Dante, my 5 year old male lab
photo15.jpg

Prince, the 6 year old male lab (OCD about fetching)
photo14.jpg

The rabbits, Layla (spotted brown and white "lop" eared and Mumford, the fluffy grey one). They were too spazzy at the thought of food to stay still enough!
photo12.jpg

Fooooood?!?!
photo11.jpg

Gerbie 1.. He was a "save" from the pet store.. He'd been returned, the others they threw him in with attacked him, so I bought him for $3 to save him from dying or being bought for nefarious reasons. He currently is alone but awaiting a buddy from a local breeder's next litter.
photo10.jpg

One of the black boys (there are two black brothers named Fred and George, then the siamese brother). I apologize in advance for blurred pictures... anyone that knows gerbils and camera phones know that they don't make for crisp pictures :p
photo9-1.jpg

Siamese boy "Percy" eating an apple chip
photo8-1.jpg

Siamese boy (again)
photo13-1.jpg

Other black boy (can't tell the 2 apart!)
photo7-1.jpg

That's all, other than Rosie the tort! :tort:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Well, all but the orange gerbil have passed due to a mite infestation that was underlying and blossomed in a 24 hour period, causing anemia and hypothermia which lead to their deaths... I feel bad about it :( Treating the remaining gerbil and preventatively treating the rabbits.

RIP Gerbies

TuRtLE1924

5 Year Member
Texas
You have a beautiful family! I am so sorry for your loss and hope the rest will be okay :(

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So far all others are fine and show no signs of parasites or illness. My boyfriend said I can have replacement gerbies (plus the one left will be alone by himself and might possibly get depressed) and the breeder I know will have some boy babies available in about a month-ish when the worry of re-infestation is over.

I may also be getting a pair of baby boy rats (as a belated birthday present) in late Nov/early Dec since I've been missing having rats for quite some time and finally located a good breeder who has my dream color...

I used to rescue and breed gerbils, so sadly I've become used to losing them after only a few short years, I just hate it when they pass sooner than they're supposed to or because of a potentially preventable thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.