Does my turtle healthy? What happen with my tortoise's mouth?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
It looks good. I would soak him in warm, shallow water. Tepid water.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
For the UVA and UVB I use it all day and is it bad for my sulcata?

You don't use UVA and VUB "all" day. Turn the light off during the night when your sulcata sleep. If you take your torts out for sun bath three times a week or more at an hour each time. you may not need the UVB light in the enclosure.

And do not use CFL type of UVB bulb, it produce harmful light to the tortoise's eyes.

JWiediyanto

I use exo terra UVB I take my tortoise out everyday for 30-1hour and yahh from now on I'm turning the light off.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I use exo terra UVB I take my tortoise out everyday for 30-1hour and yahh from now on I'm turning the light off.

I have my light on a timer, (very cheap from Home Depot or Lowes) I had it on only for 10 hours a day 7:30~5:30 PM. and UVA/Heat light (CHE)on a temperature controller so it regulating all day long. Save utility bill too.

Is exo terra UVB also CFL type? I mean in a spiral shape bulb. If yes...That is bad. If is UVB tube type, That is OK.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you talking about the discoloration around the mouth? That's just from what he's been eating. It's ok.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's not a good bulb. Those kind of bulbs are harmful to baby tortoise's eyes.

JWiediyanto

Yvonne, I am actually talking about his face. Like mouth and all. Nose, eye, and etc. is he ok? Is he healthy?
I am so scared cuz he is my first tortoise. I bought 2. And I want to keep them until they are adult. ;)

JWiediyanto

I am not going to use the UVB bulb if it is harmful. I'm going to change the UVB bulb. So which one should I use?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California