Does anybody in here sale yearling redfoots?

I was going to order a redfoot tortoise tomorrow from LLLReptiles ( and I still might) because I've seen lots of good reviews. But I would much rather buy from one of you guys but everybody seems to only be saleing babies. I checked out lots of other refered sites such as ATC and tortoise supply but everybody is out of yearlings / juveniles. So if any good breeders have any yearling/ juveniles for sale let me know!!! The max price I'm welling to pay is about $200 shipping and all. I've been doing Lots and Lots of research and I'm 100% sure redfoots are the ones for me. The picture below is the tortoise I was going to but tomorrow. P. S I live in Cleveland, Ohio.

Attachments

• 1490765341223.jpg
    1490765341223.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 35

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Do you already have a tropical enclosure up and running thats large enough and with the correct humidity and temperature?
Don't rush into getting a Redfoot untill you are 100% set up. They are always available.
Remember. No very bright lights. Temperatures 80 to 86 during the day. Places to hide. Lower 70s at night. Over 70% humidity.
Lots of room.
Most of us use a "closed chamber".

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
lll reptiles is good! But do you have a enclosure yet?
Is LLLreptiles a breeder or do they just buy wholesale from anyone and then turn a profit?

To the OP, I would suggest after doing research buy from a breeder on this forum.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Is LLLreptiles a breeder or do they just buy wholesale from anyone and then turn a profit?

To the OP, I would suggest after doing research buy from a breeder on this forum.
I would, also purchase from a fellow member/breeder.
But I see that no one has yet responded.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I would, also purchase from a fellow member/breeder.
But I see that no one has yet responded.
I was going to order a redfoot tortoise tomorrow from LLLReptiles ( and I still might) because I've seen lots of good reviews. But I would much rather buy from one of you guys but everybody seems to only be saleing babies. I checked out lots of other refered sites such as ATC and tortoise supply but everybody is out of yearlings / juveniles. So if any good breeders have any yearling/ juveniles for sale let me know!!! The max price I'm welling to pay is about $200 shipping and all. I've been doing Lots and Lots of research and I'm 100% sure redfoots are the ones for me. The picture below is the tortoise I was going to but tomorrow. P. S I live in Cleveland, Ohio.
Don't rush yourself, post pictures of the set up and ask for help. Let guys like @ZEROPILOT help you to make sure things are correct before you purchase one.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Don't rush yourself, post pictures of the set up and ask for help. Let guys like @ZEROPILOT help you to make sure things are correct before you purchase one.
Thanks. There are many keeper/members here with even more knowledge than me here. Some of them help me on a regular basis. But all of us will help you with your enclosure.
I keep mine in south Florida. So I'm kind of cheating.;)

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
More of a "broker" than a breeder it seems. But I wonder if this is a common practice. To be fair to them.
I think its common practice, I would just be worried because you never know by who or how it was raised. OP don't let me scare you off from buying the one you want, I'm just throwing caution into the wind.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I think its common practice, I would just be worried because you never know by who or how it was raised. OP don't let me scare you off from buying the one you want, I'm just throwing caution into the wind.
ON the other hand he is being smart looking for at least a yearling. If you get actual pictures, or can see the animal, the type start it had should be more obvious by then, and you can pick ones with good growth and smooth.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
ON the other hand he is being smart looking for at least a yearling. If you get actual pictures, or can see the animal, the type start it had should be more obvious by then, and you can pick ones with good growth and smooth.
I agree, that's why I said I was throwing caution into the wind. I was going to buy an Eastern Box from one of these brokers. They said it was the one on the site but as I demanded more pictures, it wasn't even close looking to the same one