Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Central WI
UGHHHH!!! I want! , I want! , I want.!!
I got the itch!!! I just sold my last baby spotted turtle so I have some cash, along with the last 2 turt/tort I sold.
I want or need or how ever one takes it ....female spotted turtles or female Hermanns. I check kingsnake daily and see a couple of ads ..but I dont have enough $$ for all I want. I still have the 2 blonde leopards I need to sell..:rolleyes:
Maybe I need to see a shrink LOL
I sure hope I dont have that "Horders" disease.:p
All silliness aside I still sit here with the $$ burning a hole in my pocket......I should just blame it on it being a Monday...:p

Ok so are there any other nuts out there or am I it. LOL

S

squirtle

Iluvemturts said:
UGHHHH!!! I want! , I want! , I want.!!
I got the itch!!! I just sold my last baby spotted turtle so I have some cash, along with the last 2 turt/tort I sold.
I want or need or how ever one takes it ....female spotted turtles or female Hermanns. I check kingsnake daily and see a couple of ads ..but I dont have enough $$ for all I want. I still have the 2 blonde leopards I need to sell..:rolleyes:
Maybe I need to see a shrink LOL
I sure hope I dont have that "Horders" disease.:p
All silliness aside I still sit here with the $$ burning a hole in my pocket......I should just blame it on it being a Monday...:p

Ok so are there any other nuts out there or am I it. LOL

I am I am I am!

I am the same way!!! I have to talk myself out of WANTS daily! I want another Russian tortoise but I really shouldn't but I want one but I have enough tortoises....AAAGGGGHHH!!!

It is the same with tattoos. You get one...and then just one more.....well maybe one more because you have the great dragon design that would look soooo good on your arm..... 10 tattoos later....I love them all!!!

Perhaps this was TMI but you struck a cord! Kingsnake, the Recycler, Petfinder, Petharbor, Craigslist.....I check just in case....

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
talking tattoos....dont even get me started lol.....Ive got these spotted turtles that I need to finish as well...
I think its all cuz I'm bored:rolleyes:

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Tracy I am *jonesing* for more Leopards. Im still trying to figure out how I can get one of those boys from you. Dan didnt realize how long it took them to reach sexual maturity therefore he didnt understand why I was wanting some larger adults to get a jump start on some breeding with them. lol He is used to our snakes being sexually mature in 18 months to 3 years of age.

I also WANT WANT WANT T. kleinmenni again! SOON! They have to be my absolute all time favorite tortoises. It all started with me babysitting a bunch of torts for my old friend George in AR when I worked at the Aquarium. In his herd he had a small group of kleinmenni and now has maybe 20 adults, most of which he has produced and raised up. He has done very well with them, its a shame he doesnt even own a computer. He has been keeping tortoises for close to 50 years or so. He has tortoises that he bought that long ago still today. I think his oldest kleinmenni are maybe 20 years old now?

This Russian deal and them all turning out to be almost all males really has me bummed. Kelly is going to pick up one of the males from me at the Madison show.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Careful what you wish for.
I told my tort group I would foster a couple of DT.
Last Friday I got 4 adult males, and 4 yearlings.
OK, so maybe careful isn't the right word.
Wish, wish, wishes do come true.
I'm Happy, Happy, Happy so keep wishing.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
TOTALLY know what you're saying!

And man oh man, what I wouldn't give for one of your leopard torts (except lots of cash, only 'cause I don't have it!!!)

I'm getting one of Anja's new male Russians, though, and will get it from her at the Monona show. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;~) Kelly

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I too suffer from the wants. I have learned that usually when I have no money, the things I want most are available. Once I have money, they all go back into hiding.

I also learned to not get too excited about getting the things you desire the most. Seems once I do, the deal falls thru.

Would love to get some of the Speks hinges being offered, but currently all money seems funneled toward kids and their educational costs...except what I snuck out to buy that female Bells with (who needs to eat right??).

I can only sit and want a desert tort, because of where I live. Can't buy them and can't go thru the normal adoption ways, but someday another one will need a home outside of their natural territory and just maybe I will be lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time.

But among all the wants, is the knowledge that I do have the room just sitting there for any animals that come my way. Sorta helps knowing except for the DTs, that with time I can make my wants, hopes, and dreams come true.

Meanwhile, I have the ones I have and each day I learn more about them, appreciate them more, and have the dreams/wants to keep me looking toward tomorrow.

Nice too, to be able to learn about them and share thoughts with others as crazy about them as I am.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
LOL I'm so glad I'm not alone LOL
Kelly,
:(:(I want to hook up with you gals this weekend , but I can't...My hubby is helping his brother move and I have all the kids this weekend.:( We'll all have to get together...that would be fun:cool:
AJ.....how'd you get a 1 on your reputation???? I wannna reputation:p seeing how this is a want thread lol

I saw a ad in TT about a guy in Texas that had 5 hermanns and 2 greeks he was giving them away but they would have to be picked up....I was willing to drive to Texas to pick them up...I havn't heard anything back so I'm guessing it was a farse. I think the prospect of this got me all excited:p Ohhh well. I should just be happy with what I have...ohh but it's sooo hard lol

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Hey, now you have one less "want" on your list! You have 1 reputation score now!!! ;)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
heheh I never even saw that Tracy, thanks Kelly! That was very sweet!

You ladies should carpool over to my house on Oct 27 for a *Fun Party* ;)

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
I always get the "I WANT I WANT" crave with tortoises and turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.