1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Cut on lip

Discussion in 'Regional Topics & Requests' started by Khetwanikaju, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Khetwanikaju

Khetwanikaju New Member

Hello,
    I have an indian star tortoise, i am not sure about his age too but i guess he is 3- 4 years old. From 2-3 days i have noticed a cut on his upper lip left side and i think which is also causing problem when he eats. So please help me to make him good soon IMG-20170821-WA0003.jpg IMG-20170821-WA0006.jpg
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 5 Year Member Platinum Supporter

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Hard to tell from just seeing it in a picture, but I'm thinking it's just a split in the beak, sort of like if you broke a fingernail. It should be ok, but give the tortoise a hard surface to eat off of, to keep that beak trimmed.
    Khetwanikaju likes this.
  3. Khetwanikaju

Khetwanikaju New Member

it will be okay naa?
  4. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 5 Year Member Platinum Supporter

Yes, it should be ok.
  5. zovick

zovick Well-Known Member

The beak needs to be trimmed. It is too long, which has caused it to crack. You can do it yourself with nail clippers if you are careful or take the tortoise to a vet who can do it for you.