"Cupcake"

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Working on a new - double the size- enclosure for cupcake. I know in a few years I will find homes for my leopard & Sulcata & be down to her and an enclosure of box turtles. She will need the room.

Now I wish I'd gotten 2 Aldabras and just concentrated on them. But she will be fine alone too. She's my prize tortoise. Lol.

She is still a bit shy compared to the sully, but seems to enjoy a neck & leg rub. I've been adding in some squash & a boiled egg once a month for variety , and still give her mazuri at least once a week. Her growth slowed a bit over the winter. Probably pick up again now that it's summer.

Her favorites are the cactus pads- hibiscus & mulberry leaves. She gets a strawberry about once a month I've used both the regular mazuri as well as the smaller pellets - she likes both. Been getting it in 25lb bags from maker. Lasts me a long time.

Her shell is the same - smooth like a bowling ball :). Fun to bring on my lanai & watch her eat.

Can't feed her with my leopard anymore. He tried to mount her last time ( even though he's 1/2 her size). He must be coming into his adolescence. The little scamp.

I like all tortoises. They are so fascinating and different a creature. If anyone has the climate & room I am a advocate for the Aldabras. Calm , sweet, and curious. They make a good interesting pet. Here in South Florida - easy to raise.

My cupcake will undoubtably be of the domed- high shell variety. They are all a bit different. All good. But if you are looking for one with a great start & loving care , you can't go wrong with @ALDABRAMAN. Cupcake was just 9 mos old when I got her, could have started with a baby, but that is a good age to insure success.

She is a constant source of entertainment.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Working on a new - double the size- enclosure for cupcake. I know in a few years I will find homes for my leopard & Sulcata & be down to her and an enclosure of box turtles. She will need the room.

Now I wish I'd gotten 2 Aldabras and just concentrated on them. But she will be fine alone too. She's my prize tortoise. Lol.

She is still a bit shy compared to the sully, but seems to enjoy a neck & leg rub. I've been adding in some squash & a boiled egg once a month for variety , and still give her mazuri at least once a week. Her growth slowed a bit over the winter. Probably pick up again now that it's summer.

Her favorites are the cactus pads- hibiscus & mulberry leaves. She gets a strawberry about once a month I've used both the regular mazuri as well as the smaller pellets - she likes both. Been getting it in 25lb bags from maker. Lasts me a long time.

Her shell is the same - smooth like a bowling ball :). Fun to bring on my lanai & watch her eat.

Can't feed her with my leopard anymore. He tried to mount her last time ( even though he's 1/2 her size). He must be coming into his adolescence. The little scamp.

I like all tortoises. They are so fascinating and different a creature. If anyone has the climate & room I am a advocate for the Aldabras. Calm , sweet, and curious. They make a good interesting pet. Here in South Florida - easy to raise.

My cupcake will undoubtably be of the domed- high shell variety. They are all a bit different. All good. But if you are looking for one with a great start & loving care , you can't go wrong with @ALDABRAMAN. Cupcake was just 9 mos old when I got her, could have started with a baby, but that is a good age to insure success.

She is a constant source of entertainment.
Sounds like Cupcake is doing well. Excellent! :) Can't wait to see your progress on Cupcake's larger enclosure. Sounds very cool!

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Good for you, Mike. And good luck to those hibiscus. My leo amazingly finds, stomps, and denudes any hibiscus I put in the ground within 24 hours of planting. A barrier around the plant is a must for me...

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
So apparently I found, and (unknowingly) responded to your first post from back in July of "14:rolleyes:. Wow she's come a long way. Gorgeous.

Alaskamike

South Florida
image.jpeg Well, it's been way too long since I've posted. CupCake is doing great. 17lbs today.

Healthy, bolder now, friendly & wonderful smooth shell. She's ( I call her "she", wishful thinking since I really have no idea yet) 3 & 1/2 yrs old now. So glad I got her. Very entertaining.

Most days I interact with her. She loves a shell or neck rub. Very sweet.

I'll post a few pictures soon
:)