Cuddly Tortoise!

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
My tortoise, Trouble, was a little shy the first couple days, but he's seemed to warm up to me really fast! I spend time with him every night, letting him wander and giving him special treats like broccoli and peppers. And the last couple nights, when he starts to slow down, he'll press close to me and sleep. I thought he just wanted to be in my blanket, but when I give him the blanket to himself he crawls out if it and over to me again. Is this the usual or is he a little different than most tortoises this way?image.jpg

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Your body makes the blanket warm so of course that would be preferable. I wouldn't call it cuddling, but you are helping him regulate his body temperature, which is nice I guess.

Colorado
He's sitting on top of an electric blanket though. I temp tested it so he's warm enough when he comes out since we are on the ground floor and the floor is a bit chilly even with the carpet. He'll wander all over the floor and return to the heated blanket to warm in intermittently. But when he starts slowing down, he always comes back over to me.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
That's nice to hear, especially when considering that torts are anything but cuddly!;)

I too believe that it's the warmth.;)