Critically Endangered Hatchling

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
Did Jay tell you how many adults he has? It might be possible for you to get enough genetic diversity from his group..

Tom Crutchfield comes to mind as someone who might have them. I would ask Paul if he knows anyone who might be producing others.

And transporting animals across state lines wouldn't be effected by CITES, just the ESA or state laws themselves. These are not on the ESA, and since they are not native, wouldn't be affected by state law.

Jay didn't produce these guys. He was reselling for Artie Daley. He seemed a little hesitant with revealing who he got them from. I'll see if he's willing to put me in contact with him. Maybe I'm making the whole thing up. Probably am... Do you recognize that name?

I saw that Crutchfield was selling Timorensis the other day. I'll reach out to him about Mccordii.

Paul is a good idea. I think he got all of the centers' from a zoo that produced hatchlings. Have to remind myself that they sometimes get animals from private individuals too.

Thanks for ESA information. The whole thing seems very arbitrary. Hamiltonii are prevented from being shipped interstate but Mccordi aren't.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Interesting. I have some friends who keep them here. I think they're much more common here in Europe. Breeding pairs are for sale from time to time.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Interesting. I have some friends who keep them here. I think they're much more common here in Europe. Breeding pairs are for sale from time to time.

Yes. I think that's true. I'd love a breeding pair. Some day... There is an Italian website that was helpful for me. I think it's chelodina.org . Anyways, that person has a group of them that breed every year. That seems to be especially rare here. I've seen mccordi timorensis offered more often here than mccordi mccordi.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes. I think that's true. I'd love a breeding pair. Some day... There is an Italian website that was helpful for me. I think it's chelodina.org . Anyways, that person has a group of them that breed every year. That seems to be especially rare here. I've seen mccordi timorensis offered more often here than mccordi mccordi.

Yes it's always a problem. You have species we need here and we have species you have there but normally it's not so easy to connect breeding groups.