cracked shell.......help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Ok so I agree with the in laws "helping" with the cost...not because they did this "on purpose", not at all....but because it sounds as though you could use the help to help your tortoise...it also sounds as though you are now past the Cornell option and so maybe the two of you could focus on sharing the cost simply for an exam and antibiotic prescription? :D That would be much less expensive and you can actually get the antibiotics going....just suggestion ...and again, I think that the other person feels HORRIBLE for the event that happened and would be willing to assist in the less expensive direction...Lori, I sincerely believe that you really should at least have him examined by a vet---your tortoise may be in serious jeopardy from infection...the moment the shell exposes the body within there is a prime opportunity for bacteria to cover the break and once that area was sealed in it is almost guaranteed that there are bacteria at work...please please please, if you have not already started him on antibiotics...please try your best to :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Lori, you are in a spot none of us would want to be in, I am certain you are doing all that you can and I only have best wishes and prayers coming your way for you and your little one.... please keep us posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.