Color variations from one pair

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
In the past 4-5 years about half of their hatchlings are quite dark.. ranging from chocolate to virtually black.

This year the darker ones have little carapace colors and various chocolate brown head and scale colors -

The blonde is my Northern baby!

A close-up of the "normal" colored Brazilians -

And I call this most recent hatchling my "cinnamon" baby - just something about these colors -

I may have to keep him to see how he grows up!

They all came from this one pair -

BTW.. if your "cherryhead" hatchling DOES NOT have a plastron that is dark like this -

.. it is NOT a "cherryhead". They come out of the egg with dark makings on their plastron! This is the best and easiest way to tell a "cherryhead" !

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
awesome hatchlings i love the blonde and the one all tucked in his shell and the one with the bright red head ahhhh! i love em all! lol

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Since I don't even know if a PM or email option exists.. email me David? - [email protected]

unfortunately i'm not able to keep any more tortoises YET lol got a month or two before i can add another due to life taking some very unexpected turns , and the PM option does still exsist just go into inbox and click start new conversation and type a name in the particapes

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Great pictures as always. It is incredible the variations found in one clutch.