COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
How wonderful!!!! :)
I guess I'll have to adjust my bucket list again, and add a visit to France!:)
How do you find such charming and historic places??!?? :)
A bit like the UK, there are medieval bits all over the place, not just in France but across Europe. Sometimes you have to look harder than others.

Nobody overlooked the defensive properties of a good hill, so towns or villages at the top of one are a good bet :D Similarly harbours and bridging points are bound to have a long history.

We weren't aware of the charms of Magalas before we arrived, but are very pleased. It's a shame it only has one restaurant and one cafe, but makes up for it with 3 boulangerie/patisseries (bakery/cake shops), vineyards everywhere (including the roundabout) and even the butcher sells cheese :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
A bit like the UK, there are medieval bits all over the place, not just in France but across Europe. Sometimes you have to look harder than others.

Nobody overlooked the defensive properties of a good hill, so towns or villages at the top of one are a good bet :D Similarly harbours and bridging points are bound to have a long history.

We weren't aware of the charms of Magalas before we arrived, but are very pleased. It's a shame it only has one restaurant and one cafe, but makes up for it with 3 boulangerie/patisseries (bakery/cake shops), vineyards everywhere (including the roundabout) and even the butcher sells cheese :D
More points for the cheese mention. :D
It's the same in Morocco.
Oldest human remains in the world through cave art, the Phoenicians and Romans to medieval forts, castles and medinas. we've the best Roman town remains at Volubilis not far from here and Fes is an ancient medieval city itself with the oldest university in the world, too. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It took him two days to visit each pet-shop and choose his tortoises. He wanted a great many, at least one hundred, perhaps more. And he needed to choose them very carefully.
To you and me there is a great deal of difference between on tortoise and another, but to the layman they all look pretty much the same. To them, they differ only in their size and in the colour of their shells. Alfie had a pale shell with dark patches, so Mr Adam wanted to choose only the lighter shelled tortoises with darker blotches for his great collection.
Size, of course, was everything. Mr Adam chose all sorts of different sizes, some weighing only slightly more than Alfie's 'thirteen ounces' according to Mrs wifey's bonkers scales., others weighing a great deal more, but he didn't want any that weighed less.

Pets.jpg

Points for anyone who can tell me what the objects are in the cages and jars and further points for telling me what they represent within the context of this story. :D

Page 22

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Oh, and from now on we're playing :
"Where's Tidgy ?"
The first person to reply "WALDO !" to an "Esio Trot" page in the Cold Dark Room that features Tidgy scores points.
Not on the Esio Trot thread, please. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
TORTOISE OWNERS ! ! !
Give your tortoise a treat and the encouragement to "see" more of the world by holding him/her in your hands and pressing his/her nose against things which would normally be out of his/her reach. Start him/her off on light switches and door hinges and then move on to more complex items like shower heads and coving. Tidgy loves it !

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning, Cowboy! :)
Blimey, you're up early, or very late!
One or the other. My head keeps nodding down but at least I'm holding on to my phone right now. Getting ready to go crawl in bed for a few hours of shut eye as has been mandated by reality,(well, and Rochell)!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
It's always nice when you pop in, Cousin! :)
Nice that life is keeping you busy.
Take care of yourself and have fun.:D
Hey Cousin! Hi CDR'rrerrs. First day of school here in Round Rock, Texas.... ahhh! The house is sooo quiet!!!! Maybe I can actually get some stuff done?...!!!! Wishing everyone a marvelous day❤️

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
They must learn to pose for the camera like Tidgy does.
Tidgy never poops or pees in her water dish, only in her toilet place.
She tramples on her food, but only so wifey won't eat it.
She eats a bit like a pig, yes.
She hasn't hissed at me for years.
She like to dig in the mud but this keeps her cool, so it's cool.
She doesn't wiggle (often) or scratch (ever) when I hold her.
I love my Tidgy. :<3::):tort:
But she doesn't love me. :(
Oli loves you, I'm sure of that.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hey Cousin! Hi CDR'rrerrs. First day of school here in Round Rock, Texas.... ahhh! The house is sooo quiet!!!! Maybe I can actually get some stuff done?...!!!! Wishing everyone a marvelous day❤️
I'm sure I could think of a reason to not get stuff done. :)
Being on here for instance.
You have a good day, too, Cousin. :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good afternoon Adam, Wifey and Tidgy.

No reason for that love. Strange.;)

Temp dropped to only 28 deg C today. I'm beginning to get cold. :( Still hot in Fes?
Good early evening, Gillian. :)
Yep, still scorchio here.
Night time's crazy hot, i didn't bother going to bed last night, knew I wouldn't sleep.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It took him two days to visit each pet-shop and choose his tortoises. He wanted a great many, at least one hundred, perhaps more. And he needed to choose them very carefully.
To you and me there is a great deal of difference between on tortoise and another, but to the layman they all look pretty much the same. To them, they differ only in their size and in the colour of their shells. Alfie had a pale shell with dark patches, so Mr Adam wanted to choose only the lighter shelled tortoises with darker blotches for his great collection.
Size, of course, was everything. Mr Adam chose all sorts of different sizes, some weighing only slightly more than Alfie's 'thirteen ounces' according to Mrs wifey's bonkers scales., others weighing a great deal more, but he didn't want any that weighed less.

View attachment 216188

Points for anyone who can tell me what the objects are in the cages and jars and further points for telling me what they represent within the context of this story. :D

Page 22

A spin off of the Partridge in a Pear Tree song?????