COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, when I was first married. Do many people speak English in Morocco?
Yes, I was based in Riyadh, too. Did you like it ?
Most younger people speak at least a bit, middle aged and older ones, rarely. They were a bit late starting to teach it in schools, but now children must do at least two or three years studying English But the majority speak at least moderate French, or Spanish in the far north.
A small percentage, especially women and people from the countryside only speak Darija (Moroccan Arabic) and a very small number only one of the Amazigh (Berber) languages.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. Summer has returned to Kent; we have sunshine and blue skies.

We're enjoying a late breakfast having got to bed about midnight last night.

We had a fab day screaming support at the GB competitors at the World Athletics Championships yesterday.

Mo Farah only got silver in the 5000m which was a little sad as he's retiring from the track.

Then the GB Ladies 4x100m relay team got silver (USA gold) which was brilliant.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1502614438.680462.jpg

And then the dramas of the mens 4x100m relay where GB beat USA to get gold and then we realised we could see the bottom of Usain Bolt's golden spikes as he lay on the track having pulled up injured in the last leg. Such a sad way to end a glittering career.

The Olympic Park on our way home
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1502614487.480056.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning all. Summer has returned to Kent; we have sunshine and blue skies.

We're enjoying a late breakfast having got to bed about midnight last night.

We had a fab day screaming support at the GB competitors at the World Athletics Championships yesterday.

Mo Farah only got silver in the 5000m which was a little sad as he's retiring from the track.

Then the GB Ladies 4x100m relay team got silver (USA gold) which was brilliant.
View attachment 215474

And then the dramas of the mens 4x100m relay where GB beat USA to get gold and then we realised we could see the bottom of Usain Bolt's golden spikes as he lay on the track having pulled up injured in the last leg. Such a sad way to end a glittering career.

The Olympic Park on our way home
View attachment 215475
Good morning, Linda. :)
Glad summer's back for a bit.
Very sad for Mo and Usain, but they are both utter heroes.
And our ladies and men's relay teams were fantastic.
And the football season has started too. :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning all! It has been a long while! I am at work heating up my food. Just popping in to say hi. I should be on a little bit later :) i hope everyone is doing well!
LINHDAN ! ! ! ! :<3:
Lovely to hear from you, hope all is well in your world.
I'm good, wifey's good and Tidgy's great.:)
Speak later, I hope.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all! It has been a long while! I am at work heating up my food. Just popping in to say hi. I should be on a little bit later :) i hope everyone is doing well!
I'm equally delighted to not see you back in the CDR. It's been a good week for visits from old friends :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Yes, I was based in Riyadh, too. Did you like it ?
Most younger people speak at least a bit, middle aged and older ones, rarely. They were a bit late starting to teach it in schools, but now children must do at least two or three years studying English But the majority speak at least moderate French, or Spanish in the far north.
A small percentage, especially women and people from the countryside only speak Darija (Moroccan Arabic) and a very small number only one of the Amazigh (Berber) languages.
Almost nobody in this part of the Arab World can understand the "Arabic" spoken in North Africa (with the exception of Egypt).