COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
My father leaving might have been the best thing he ever did for me.
It helped me to be a good husband. Don't do as he did.
And scared me from ever having children. I thought that his horrible parenting skills might be genetic.

Is your father still alive ? Do you have contact with him ?
I have no children too, but I miss nothing. I have my torts ....:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
No one needs that !

After my divorce I thought I have to find another man, but at that age ( I was 30 ) it is very difficult. Most men are married and the ones that were not ...... Ähh, better don`t speak about them. :D
I`ve tried to find someone new by reading the newspaper, you know these pages where women are searching for men and men are searching for women. Serious pages of course !
I met some of these guys, but it always was not the "right one". So I lived alone for 18 years and I can say it was not a bad time of my life.;)
I'm rubbish as a singleton.
I've been in long term relationships since the age of about 6.
You'll find someone, or else you won't and life can be good either way. :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
@StacieJ and I met this morning about halfway between our homes.
She ended up purchasing the REAL, 2nd male tortoise. Being unable to part with the female that family members have grown attached to.
It's a good thing, actually. She has a very healthy group of animals and a very nice home for them. And I have more room for my 4 females. I no longer need to expand my enclosure.
It's all good.
Thank you Stacie.
Sorry for my mistake.
Glad it's all sorted, Ed.
A good result for all concerned, in the end, including the tortoises, ti would seem. :)
Knew you'd fix it to everyone's satisfaction.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My father leaving might have been the best thing he ever did for me.
It helped me to be a good husband. Don't do as he did.
And scared me from ever having children. I thought that his horrible parenting skills might be genetic.
That is exactly, 100% true for me too, Ed.
Identical in every detail.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
No problem! I will comment here from now on.
I visited Fes, and the Medina, back when I was around 16. Loooonnnnggggg time ago! Interesting place that probably hasn't changed much in 50 years. Except for cell phones everywhere!
What led you to Fes, if that's not too personal...
No, happy to answer.
But first welcome to the Cold Dark Room where a lot of us sit about on armadillos lit by flying jellyfish and talk about a lot of stuff.
And cheese.
Not changed much here in 1,000 years, i get my rubbish taken away by donkey every morning, the leather is made in the old way, etc. etc. But yes, cell phones and satellite dishes abound.
I have lived in Britain, Poland, Saudi Arabia and Thailand and needed to move to a hot country for our health's sake.
We wanted somewhere cheap, safe, easy to buy a property, beautiful and not too far from the UK so if we had an emergency we could get back quickly.
And Fes Medina is the largest pedestrianized urban area in the world, I don't much like traffic. We saw a program about it on telly that told us a lot about it and that no other British people lived in the medina, so it was exciting and fitted the bill.
i'd been to Morocco before but not to Fes.
We came and fell in love with the place on the first night.
So we stayed.
12 years, now !

Bee62

Germany
It is late and I am slowly getting tired. I think of counting sheep again.
Good night Adam, have a nice night and sleep well later.

Always nice to chat here.

Not to see you again tomorrow I hope.
images
sooooo tired ......

images
much more tired ..... and cute !

images

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It is late and I am slowly getting tired. I think of counting sheep again.
Good night Adam, have a nice night and sleep well later.

Always nice to chat here.

Not to see you again tomorrow I hope.
images
sooooo tired ......

images
much more tired ..... and cute !

images
I will try to catch Tidgy yawning tomorrow morning.:)
Very sweet.
Nighty night, Sabine, you sleep well, now, hopefully chat again tomorrow, here in the Dark.
Just went up on the terrace but it's too cloudy. :(
No Perseids for me tonight.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
PIZZA LOVERS
Take a selection of your old vinyl records along with you the next time you go to an overpriced pizza restaurant.
Take examples of a 45 single, an old 78 and a 33 long playing album, and use them to demonstrate to the idiot waiter exactly what size pizza you require.
When it finally arrives, check it against your record to make sure it's the right size.

Last edited:

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
No, happy to answer.
But first welcome to the Cold Dark Room where a lot of us sit about on armadillos lit by flying jellyfish and talk about a lot of stuff.
And cheese.
Not changed much here in 1,000 years, i get my rubbish taken away by donkey every morning, the leather is made in the old way, etc. etc. But yes, cell phones and satellite dishes abound.
I have lived in Britain, Poland, Saudi Arabia and Thailand and needed to move to a hot country for our health's sake.
We wanted somewhere cheap, safe, easy to buy a property, beautiful and not too far from the UK so if we had an emergency we could get back quickly.
And Fes Medina is the largest pedestrianized urban area in the world, I don't much like traffic. We saw a program about it on telly that told us a lot about it and that no other British people lived in the medina, so it was exciting and fitted the bill.
i'd been to Morocco before but not to Fes.
We came and fell in love with the place on the first night.
So we stayed.
12 years, now !
I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, when I was first married. Do many people speak English in Morocco?