COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
good mornooning! day off from work but lots to do. hope everyone has a great weekend:)
Good morning all. This weekend's challenge is to move our tropical aquarium out of the living room as we want to paint next week. It's a big job. Something in the region of 120 litres (28 gallons) of water to be taken out before we try... We have a load of 30 litre plasterer's buckets to hold the water while we move the tank

JSWallace

Good morning all. This weekend's challenge is to move our tropical aquarium out of the living room as we want to paint next week. It's a big job. Something in the region of 120 litres (28 gallons) of water to be taken out before we try... We have a load of 30 litre plasterer's buckets to hold the water while we move the tank
I feel for you Linda, I did the exact same thing a few months ago, it's a big job!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Here goes
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498306107.135086.jpg
The fish are in the bucket with the towel over with an air pump and something to hide under.

Our clown loaches have gone into meltdown and are panicking (they spend most of their lives asleep or panicking :rolleyes: ) The towel is allowing us to move in the kitchen without them splashing water everywhere

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Here goes
View attachment 211073
The fish are in the bucket with the towel over with an air pump and something to hide under.

Our clown loaches have gone into meltdown and are panicking (they spend most of their lives asleep or panicking :rolleyes: ) The towel is allowing us to move in the kitchen without them splashing water everywhere

good luck mum!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The heatwave continues 33C/92F and getting hotter
View attachment 210880
And inside it is 28C/83F
View attachment 210881
It was absolute murder trying to pack and help remove special plants form the school garden in that heat!
We managed to remove quite a few which have been rehomed with various members of staff and the larger ones are being fostered by me until a forever home can be found. I hired a van to get them home but my garden isn't very big and currently looks like a jungle!
We had to leave some beautiful plants that were gifted to us as we ran out of time and cannot go back to the old school site under any circumstances.
Goodness knows why - for years I've been letting myself in the back gate to water the garden in the holidays.
It would have been so much easier if we'd had a couple of days next week while the children are out.
We were all ushered out yesterday at 4 pm ish but it all feels unfinished.
What we couldn't take yesterday had to be left - very, very stressful time!
I don't think the head has a clue how difficult it has been to pack while the kids were in school - his business manager certainly doesn't!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It was absolute murder trying to pack and help remove special plants form the school garden in that heat!
We managed to remove quite a few which have been rehomed with various members of staff and the larger ones are being fostered by me until a forever home can be found. I hired a van to get them home but my garden isn't very big and currently looks like a jungle!
We had to leave some beautiful plants that were gifted to us as we ran out of time and cannot go back to the old school site under any circumstances.
Goodness knows why - for years I've been letting myself in the back gate to water the garden in the holidays.
It would have been so much easier if we'd had a couple of days next week while the children are out.
We were all ushered out yesterday at 4 pm ish but it all feels unfinished.
What we couldn't take yesterday had to be left - very, very stressful time!
I don't think the head has a clue how difficult it has been to pack while the kids were in school - his business manager certainly doesn't!
And breathe...

Well done for rescuing what you could. It's stressful moving at the best of times, but this move seems worse than most. :(

Our small-scale move is complete. The aquarium is now running in the kitchen and all the fish have gone into hiding for some reason :rolleyes: Even the Golden Barbs that have to be the most food-motivated fish we have ever had!

We'll leave them in peace with the tank lights off for a couple of hours so they can settle down.

JSWallace

Here goes
View attachment 211073

Are your clown loaches big ones Linda?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Are your clown loaches big ones Linda?
We have 2 females and they're both about 6"/15cm. They're the oldest residents of the tank... we've had them over 15 years now. They do get into a flap over things at the best of times :D

We had an ancistrus (bristle nose catfish) that we got before them, but he died last summer.

We also have a corydora that's been there around 10 years.

The rest of the tank is made up of assorted barbs, tetras and a lone harlequin that has outlived the rest of his shoal by a couple of years. We also have a new ancistrus... looking female at the moment. Like torts you can't tell at first.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Busy day today: first, driving to next town over to buy some very nice Australian superwash merino wool yarn that is on sale for only $3 USD!!!
I've used this yarn before and this is a steal!!!!!!!!:)
Then off w hubby to test drive a new car for him. Not buying today, just test driving. :)
Have a great day, Roomies! :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And breathe...

Well done for rescuing what you could. It's stressful moving at the best of times, but this move seems worse than most. :(

Our small-scale move is complete. The aquarium is now running in the kitchen and all the fish have gone into hiding for some reason :rolleyes: Even the Golden Barbs that have to be the most food-motivated fish we have ever had!

We'll leave them in peace with the tank lights off for a couple of hours so they can settle down.
Hope your fishies soon settle down and enjoy their new position in your home.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Busy day today: first, driving to next town over to buy some very nice Australian superwash merino wool yarn that is on sale for only $3 USD!!!
I've used this yarn before and this is a steal!!!!!!!!:)
Then off w hubby to test drive a new car for him. Not buying today, just test driving. :)
Have a great day, Roomies! :)
happy shopping Bea - I love a bargain!