10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Good afternoon one and all.
Long time no noy see.
Hope everyone is well

What a busy busy busy week I've had.
Lots of late evenings and even been into school today.
I am really sad that these windows are being left for demolition:(
Oh, NO!!!! Surely NOT!!?!?! :( They are WONDERFUL and should be salvaged!!!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh, NO!!!! Surely NOT!!?!?! :( They are WONDERFUL and should be salvaged!!!!!
There were five of them in our library; they have taken the one of Saint Francis and mounted it in a light box for the new school but they have left all his beautiful animals!
I'm thinking that I may pay someone to remove them and try to find them a home I don't have any windows big enough for them.
They are as old as the original part of the school which is over 100 years I believe.
It's vandalism!
I've tried contacting a man called Drew Pritchard who has a tv show on Quest - twice - but he hasn't replied.
I've never seen the programme but he buys things and upcycles them.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
There were five of them in our library; they have taken the one of Saint Francis and mounted it in a light box for the new school but they have left all his beautiful animals!
I'm thinking that I may pay someone to remove them and try to find them a home I don't have any windows big enough for them.
They are as old as the original part of the school which is over 100 years I believe.
It's vandalism!
I've tried contacting a man called Drew Pritchard who has a tv show on Quest - twice - but he hasn't replied.
I've never seen the programme but he buys things and upcycles them.
I DEEPLY hope that somebody can save these. :(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I DEEPLY hope that somebody can save these. :(
Me too, Bea - if they let me have them, I will try to find someone to take them out.
Even of they are just stored for now at least they will be safe.
I don't understand how something so historical to the local area can be thought so little of.
Very sad.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
On another depressing note my lovely neighbours now have 4 cushions on their garden bench each with a huge letter on them and arranged to spell, what I think is the most offensive word people can use, beginning with C _ _ _ When I went upstairs earlier to put my water on to heat and glanced out of the window that was what is staring back at me from the end of their garden - its completely unavoidable!
I don't use the room much other than to collect books and papers from there for work and to adjust my central heating controls, so its not as if I have to look at it day in and day out but why on earth would anyone want that word in full view in their garden? They have a 9 year old girl who has friends around to play.
They really are the pits.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And on a much more cheerful note when I was crossing a pedestrian footbridge on my way back from Tesco earlier just after dark, there were lots of bats flying around, it was fascinating watching them and put a smile on my face.:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well I'd better say Nos Da for now.
I am in school again tomorrow - with a sledge hammer!
We have hundreds of pounds worth of plants in our lovely garden area that we raised money for.
The landscaper of the new place was supposed to come and take them our and replant them last winter - but didn't.:mad:
So they too will be left for the bulldozer unless we can get them out.
It's the wrong time of year to remove them and they may not make it, but at least they'll have a fighting chance.
So I need to smash out some breeze blocks to get to the roots.
The things we have to do!
Night night all
Happy Sunday.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And on a much more cheerful note when I was crossing a pedestrian footbridge on my way back from Tesco earlier just after dark, there were lots of bats flying around, it was fascinating watching them and put a smile on my face.:)
Daughter is off doing bat surveys this week as part if her job.

Apparently there are 18 species here in the UK.

On Springwatch they showed a bat detector that will exactly identify the species - it connects to an iphone or ipad
https://batdetectors.uk/emtouch

Most bat detectors just tell you the sound frequency, this one works like the Shazam app and tells you what it is.

If you haven't used Shazam... it's an app that listens to music and identifies the track and the artist.